Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Chains with sound
Hello,

I have 3 chains in my Unity scene. Everything works perfectly. I would like to generate sounds for the chains when they are moved. My first approach was to determine from the attached hooks the delta of the jeeilligen position and if it exceeds a certain value to applay the sound. When I move the chains the sound is also played. However, as soon as the hooks touch the ground, their position does not change and the sound stops. Is there a way to detect with OBiR Rope that a chain is moved and physically animated to respond to it?
Thanks in advance...
Crydee
(04-07-2023, 10:15 AM)Crydee Wrote: Hello,

I have 3 chains in my Unity scene. Everything works perfectly. I would like to generate sounds for the chains when they are moved. My first approach was to determine from the attached hooks the delta of the jeeilligen position and if it exceeds a certain value to applay the sound. When I move the chains the sound is also played. However, as soon as the hooks touch the ground, their position does not change and the sound stops. Is there a way to detect with OBiR Rope that a chain is moved and physically animated to respond to it?
Thanks in advance...
Crydee

Hi,

Checking only the attached object is not a good idea, since it can be completely static while the particles in the chain are still moving. You should check the velocity of all particles in the chain.

In Obi, you can get/set per-particle data (such as position, velocity, etc) very easily. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...icles.html

kind regards,