Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] How to stich rope to the center of a softbody surface
(23-06-2023, 05:17 PM)eduardoseitz Wrote: Of course, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KUZjybf...sp=sharing
Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi,

Both issues stem from serialization problems.

For some reason, the skin weight values in your ObiSoftbodySkinner component are all zero. Go into prefab mode, remove and re-adding the ObiSoftbodySkinner component, then click "Bind Skin". That should reset the skin weight values.

As for the stitch constraint, it's not getting serialized due to the bag being a prefab. This is a bug in Obi, because the list of stitches is not a serializedProperty, hence prefab handling is not automatic. I've fixed this, replace PunchingGame/Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiStitcherEditor.cs with the one you'll find attached to this post, one you do this added stitches should not disappear in play mode.

kind regards,

Attached Files
.cs   ObiStitcherEditor.cs (Size: 7.61 KB / Downloads: 1)
(26-06-2023, 07:14 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Both issues stem from serialization problems.

For some reason, the skin weight values in your ObiSoftbodySkinner component are all zero. Go into prefab mode, remove and re-adding the ObiSoftbodySkinner component, then click "Bind Skin". That should reset the skin weight values.

As for the stitch constraint, it's not getting serialized due to the bag being a prefab. This is a bug in Obi, because the list of stitches is not a serializedProperty, hence prefab handling is not automatic. I've fixed this, replace PunchingGame/Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiStitcherEditor.cs with the one you'll find attached to this post, one you do this added stitches should not disappear in play mode.

kind regards,
Thank you very much. In the end I had to unpack the prefab even if your script, which I don't mind, but everything is working now. I appreciate your help.