Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i make a washline with clothes on
Hi VirtualMethod Team

I manage to make one rope line, however i don't know how i would make Clothes hanging from that line (obiRope).

Few Questions:
  • Can I use Unity basic Cloth Sim and hang these to the OBI Rope line? -> if Yes how can i attach Gameobject with Mesh to the obi rope? 
  • if we buy ObiCloth, will there be a simple way to attach the towels to the Obi rope, or do i need a programmer for this?
  • Can i attach the cloth during a Timeline Animation to the OBI Rope? Say my character will add a towel to the rope during the animation with the towel in his hands. -> if yes how would that work?
We looked at the Manual but got no clue on how it could be done, we are thankfully for any tutorials and instructions!
Best Regards Pascal
Hi!

(07-06-2023, 09:06 AM)Pascal[vrfx] Wrote:
  • Can I use Unity basic Cloth Sim and hang these to the OBI Rope line? -> if Yes how can i attach Gameobject with Mesh to the obi rope? 

No, Unity's built-in cloth sim and Obi are two completely different systems. They can't interact with each other in any way.

(07-06-2023, 09:06 AM)Pascal[vrfx] Wrote:
  • if we buy ObiCloth, will there be a simple way to attach the towels to the Obi rope, or do i need a programmer for this?

• You need a programmer for pretty much anything you do using Obi, since all its functionality is exposed via a C# API. Without it all you can do is set up some very simple scenes that the user can't interact with in any way besides basic collision detection.

Kind regards,