Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion / Idea  Can I make a boat game?
Hello there,

I would like to know if it's a good idea to use OBI Liquids to make have a physical simulation of water in order to make a simulator for a boat, i'm building it's a deep reinforcement learning environment, for autonomus boat navigation.
Currently I'm using another plugin, ZibraAI, but it doesn't run on Linux and I really need it

[Image: Tc2G2sy.png]
(31-05-2023, 07:47 AM)Dalamar Wrote: Hello there,

I would like to know if it's a good idea to use OBI Liquids to make have a physical simulation of water in order to make a simulator for a boat, i'm building it's a deep reinforcement learning environment, for autonomus boat navigation.
Currently I'm using another plugin, ZibraAI, but it doesn't run on Linux and I really need it

[Image: Tc2G2sy.png]

Hi,

No it isn't, and probably you can't do it using Zibra either. Both engines are designed to simulate fluid volumes, using particles only (Obi) or grids and particles (Zibra).

To simulate fluid at the ocean scale you can't use this kind of simulation, as it's too costly to simulate such a large volume of fluid. The typical approach when simulating such a large body of water is necessary is to simulate the surface of the fluid only: a much better approach would be to use a shallow-water simulator like this one on the store:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/to...low-197014

(Note I'm not the creator of that asset nor affiliated with hi in any way, it's just an example).

kind regards,