Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi7.0 Cloth
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
UnityEngine.ComputeShader.SetBuffer (System.Int32 kernelIndex, System.Int32 nameID, UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer buffer) (at <d87da959c26443e0baa9578975afed03>:0)
UnityEngine.ComputeShader.SetBuffer (System.Int32 kernelIndex, System.String name, UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer buffer) (at <d87da959c26443e0baa9578975afed03>:0)
Obi.ComputeSolverImpl.SetDeformableTriangles (Obi.ObiNativeIntList indices, Obi.ObiNativeVector2List uvs) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Compute/Solver/ComputeSolverImpl.cs:354)
Obi.ObiSolver.PushDeformableTriangles () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1389)
Obi.ObiSolver.BeginStep (System.Single stepTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1628)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:64)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:44)

Compute shader (DeformableTriangles): Property (deformableTriangleUVs) at kernel index (1) is not set
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Obi.ComputeSolverImpl:ApplyInterpolation (Obi.ObiNativeVector4List,Obi.ObiNativeQuaternionList,single,single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Backends/Compute/Solver/ComputeSolverImpl.cs:953)
Obi.ObiSolver:Interpolate (single,single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1740)
Obi.ObiUpdater:Interpolate (single,single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:133)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater:Update () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:61)

something went wrong with my project in Obi7.0 Cloth with compute backend,
this project is from Obi6.0, and i just changed the backend and fixed some changement on "solverIndices".
these errors stuck my project.

i also tried some demo scenes in Obi7.0,and just changed the backend to compute, it sometimes poped out such error but still could run and work.
how can i fix it?
(22-05-2023, 02:52 PM)xxxh123 Wrote: something went wrong with my project in Obi7.0 Cloth with compute backend,
this project is from Obi6.0, and i just changed the backend and fixed some changement on "solverIndices".
these errors stuck my project.

i also tried some demo scenes in Obi7.0,and just changed the backend to compute, it sometimes poped out such error but still could run and work.
how can i fix it?

Hi,

Obi 7.0 is still not publicly available. If you’re trying out the beta, please write to our email address for beta related stuff (bug reports, questions, feedback: obi+beta(at)virtualmethodstudio.com) or our general support email (support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com) including the error message you’re getting. For more info, see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3849.html

Also keep in mind that since 7.0 is still in beta, it will contain bugs and/or be unstable, it should not be used in production.

Kind regards,