Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody on a character
Hi!

I was trying to imitate the sample (With a VRoid Model) as practice, but after tinkering with the parameters for a few hours, I cant seem to get a normal result. All the vertices are jumping all over the place and some body parts dont move at all. I also tried to create a blueprint with the exact settings as the sample character without any luck.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Unity 2021.3.22f1
Latest Obi versions (updated two weeks ago)

[Image: Sac8Ut1NrRNd.gif]

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Davy
Okay so the weird vertices randomly was because of the scaling. But the results are still strange. Still not all body parts are used either.

(14-05-2023, 12:57 AM)netjeenpetje Wrote: Okay so the weird vertices randomly was because of the scaling. But the results are still strange. Still not all body parts are used either.

Hi!

What are your ObiSoftbodySkinner settings?
(15-05-2023, 09:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

What are your ObiSoftbodySkinner settings?

I think thats where the problem is. I tried skin fallout 0.01 and max distance 0.001, I also tried many many other values but I just cant get it right. Do you think you can point me in the right directions to find the correct values?
(15-05-2023, 11:05 AM)netjeenpetje Wrote: I think thats where the problem is. I tried skin fallout 0.01 and max distance 0.001, I also tried many many other values but I just cant get it right. Do you think you can point me in the right directions to find the correct values?

Hi,

Skin fallout is an exponential distance decay value, and max distance is the maximum distance in meters between a vertex and a particle to be bound together. These values you're using will only allow a vertex to move if its position is basically the exact same as a particle. Vertices that don't end up bound to any particle will stick out and ignore the softbody simulation.

I'd try a max distance of at least 0.1, and a skin fallout of 1. Let me know how it goes!

kind regards