Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  URP 15 incompatibility
Exclamación 
APIs in URP 15 have unfortunately changed so obi fluid cannot be imported into such projects. The errors below will appear. The forum entry https://forum.unity.com/threads/renderta...e.1211052/ seems to discuss a solution but I don't want to fiddle too much with these internals and might break something. A solution would be highly appreciated!

Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs(276,13): error CS0619: 'ScriptableRenderPass.ConfigureTarget(RenderTargetIdentifier)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandle for colorAttachment'
(06-05-2023, 04:50 PM)ImpossibleRob Wrote: APIs in URP 15 have unfortunately changed so obi fluid cannot be imported into such projects. The errors below will appear. The forum entry https://forum.unity.com/threads/renderta...e.1211052/ seems to discuss a solution but I don't want to fiddle too much with these internals and might break something. A solution would be highly appreciated!

Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs(276,13): error CS0619: 'ScriptableRenderPass.ConfigureTarget(RenderTargetIdentifier)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandle for colorAttachment'

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this! will look at the changes in URP 15 and share a patch to fix this asap.

kind regards,
(09-05-2023, 11:03 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for reporting this! will look at the changes in URP 15 and share a patch to fix this asap.

kind regards,
Hi Jose,
It is still not working.
Can you tell us, what we should do, shall we step back in unity version ?
Is there Still no solution for this ?
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.ConfigureTarget(RenderTargetIdentifier)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandle for colorAttachment' Obi, Obi.Player \Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 113 Active

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.Blit(CommandBuffer, RenderTargetIdentifier, RenderTargetIdentifier, Material, int)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandles for source and destination' Obi, Obi.Player \Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 137 Active

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.Blit(CommandBuffer, RenderTargetIdentifier, RenderTargetIdentifier, Material, int)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandles for source and destination' Obi, Obi.Player \URPTest\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 138 Active

and 2 more...
If it stays like that, R.I.P Obi Fluid
(28-10-2023, 10:04 AM)klobber Wrote: Is there Still no solution for this ?
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.ConfigureTarget(RenderTargetIdentifier)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandle for colorAttachment' Obi, Obi.Player \Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 113 Active

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.Blit(CommandBuffer, RenderTargetIdentifier, RenderTargetIdentifier, Material, int)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandles for source and destination' Obi, Obi.Player \Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 137 Active

Error CS0619 'ScriptableRenderPass.Blit(CommandBuffer, RenderTargetIdentifier, RenderTargetIdentifier, Material, int)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandles for source and destination' Obi, Obi.Player \URPTest\Assets\Obi\Scripts\Fluid\Rendering\URP\ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs 138 Active

and 2 more...
If it stays like that, R.I.P Obi Fluid

Hi,

We're working on updating the fluid renderer to URP 15, however the changes in how passes are performed are pretty deep so it's taking time. ETA for a patch is in about two weeks, in the meantime the only solution is downgrading to URP 14.

Will report back here once a patch is available.

kind regards,
Hi,

I'm sharing the URP 15 patch for Obi Fluid 6.5.4 in its current state. It's still subject to change, but works as it is now. To apply it:

- Replace Obi/Scripts/Fluid/Rendering/URP/ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs with the one in the .zip.
- Replace Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials folder with the one in the .zip

Note that both the ObiFluidRendererFeature script as well as all fluid rendering related shaders have changed, due to Unity's new RTHandle and Blitter APIs. It's also likely the entire fluid render pipeline will need to change again in the future with the introduction of Unity's RenderGraph API, which heavily modifies the way ScriptableRenderPass/ScriptableRenderFeature work.

let me know if you run into any issues,

kind regards

Attached Files
.zip   ObiFluid_URP15_patch.zip (Size: 70.3 KB / Downloads: 18)
(31-10-2023, 09:52 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm sharing the URP 15 patch for Obi Fluid 6.5.4 in its current state. It's still subject to change, but works as it is now. To apply it:

- Replace Obi/Scripts/Fluid/Rendering/URP/ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs with the one in the .zip.
- Replace Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials folder with the one in the .zip

Note that both the ObiFluidRendererFeature script as well as all fluid rendering related shaders have changed, due to Unity's new RTHandle and Blitter APIs. It's also likely the entire fluid render pipeline will need to change again in the future with the introduction of Unity's RenderGraph API, which heavily modifies the way ScriptableRenderPass/ScriptableRenderFeature work.

let me know if you run into any issues,

kind regards
After changing the shader in the Particle Renderer i now can use it again,
Thank you very much !!!
(03-11-2023, 11:27 AM)klobber Wrote: After changing the shader in the Particle Renderer i now can use it again,
Thank you very much !!!

You're welcome! Let me know if you need further help.