Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Interact with the object from two ends
I want to interact with Obi soft body as an elastic object in virtual reality. I tried using the example object from 'Obi/Samples/Softbody/DeformationGradient'. Even with the Obi collider added to my hand bones, I could barely interact with the Prism. It would somewhat respond, but I couldn't do any of the pinching/grabbing action I hoped to perform. I could grab the base with no issue. I tried to have at least two different 'Obi-Particle Attachment's on both ends and interact with the object from two ends using two bases. But the example only has the 'bottom' 'particle group'. Is there a way I can directly interact with the prism object without attachments? If the attachment is the only way forward, how do I create particle groups so that I can attach them to different rigid objects and interact with the elastic object through them?
Hi!

(27-04-2023, 10:51 PM)whatever Wrote: I want to interact with Obi soft body as an elastic object in virtual reality. [...]It would somewhat respond, but I couldn't do any of the pinching/grabbing action I hoped to perform. I could grab the base with no issue.

the base in that particular sample scene is a regular Unity transform/collider, which most VR input systems are able to deal with natively. Obi is entirely particle-based, so you'll have to write your own VR input controller for dealing with particles, something you can do using the particles API.

(27-04-2023, 10:51 PM)whatever Wrote: But the example only has the 'bottom' 'particle group'. Is there a way I can directly interact with the prism object without attachments? If the attachment is the only way forward, how do I create particle groups so that I can attach them to different rigid objects and interact with the elastic object through them?

You can create particle groups in the blueprint editor. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html

Then you can select them in attachments, to attach them to any other object.

kind regards,