Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody breaks after bp regenerate/edit
Exclamación 

I've spotted some weird Obi behavior: as soon as you edit/save the blueprint after using it in the playmode once - it will be corrupted.

How it works on my side:
1. Setup softbody & softbody skinned in the scene over a regular rigged model.
2. Create a blueprint with default settings using Surface Sampling and Skeleton Sampling. You can edit it or leave it as is, you can regenerate it many times, it doesn't matter. With default settings, it will create some average working blueprint.
3. Assign this blueprint to Softbody and bind the skin.
4. Press play - softbody is working as intended! You can exit/enter the playmode again and it still will be working.
5. Now press "regenerate" on the blueprint once again! (or use edit/save leaving it completely the same)
6. Bind skin once again
7. Congratulations, now it's broken  Huh

If you miss part 6 and didn't rebind skin - the character will collapse in a ball of wibbly wobbly stuff. I assume it means that despite we expected the blueprint to be the same it actually has a completely different vertex order (or whatever we use there...)

Using latest Obi with Unity 2022.2.14
Hi there!

I've been unable to reproduce this, using Unity 2022.2.14 and Obi 6.5.1, tested on the FullBodyVolumetricSoftbody sample scene.

Would it be possible for you to share the exact same character mesh/skeleton you're using to reproduce this? You can send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com, I will take a look at it and get back to you asap.

kind regards,