Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Issues
I really wish this product would work for my situation, but it's just not doable from what I have gathered. 

When working in local space, it works great, but it seems I'm forced to using one character. Toggling this feature off cause issues when warping your character or moving too quickly. The mesh will stretch to each location and it's really bad. This issue makes non local space a no go.

Local space is the spot I want, but the Debug warnings eat up CPU via the console so I removed them(easy fix). However when I instantiate things start to move all over the place. Constraints are confused between the solvers which now I see why you had the warning. To add in new layers for each solver and it's respective colliders is just not doable in my situation. Layers are important and I use them a lot for other things. I could spare 1 or 2. 

A couple other strange behaviors I noticed were at start the cloth pops as if force is applied from below. 

I really want this to work but it's just too risky to spend  a long time redoing my game for this asset when it poses the above issues and is eating up a lot of CPU. Even with the tweaks suggested in another post it's a still really heavy when using more then 1 character. 

If you would be kind enough to provide a refund that would be great.

FYI the script when you compile it throws an error, line 510 of Obicloth.cs and line 200 Obibone.cs both have the issue the variable "restPositions" is already a variable in and needs a new name. I suggest changing it to something different.

Thanks.
(21-02-2018, 01:29 AM)coverclubmedia Wrote: I really wish this product would work for my situation, but it's just not doable from what I have gathered. 

When working in local space, it works great, but it seems I'm forced to using one character. Toggling this feature off cause issues when warping your character or moving too quickly. The mesh will stretch to each location and it's really bad. This issue makes non local space a no go.

Local space is the spot I want, but the Debug warnings eat up CPU via the console so I removed them(easy fix). However when I instantiate things start to move all over the place. Constraints are confused between the solvers which now I see why you had the warning. To add in new layers for each solver and it's respective colliders is just not doable in my situation. Layers are important and I use them a lot for other things. I could spare 1 or 2. 

A couple other strange behaviors I noticed were at start the cloth pops as if force is applied from below. 

I really want this to work but it's just too risky to spend  a long time redoing my game for this asset when it poses the above issues and is eating up a lot of CPU. Even with the tweaks suggested in another post it's a still really heavy when using more then 1 character. 

If you would be kind enough to provide a refund that would be great.

FYI the script when you compile it throws an error, line 510 of Obicloth.cs and line 200 Obibone.cs both have the issue the variable "restPositions" is already a variable in and needs a new name. I suggest changing it to something different.

Thanks.

Hi there,

If you wish to use world space simulation with your characters, you can just disable the ObiCloth component before warping them around, then re-enabling it after. That will take care of the stretching.

The issue with local space and multiple shared colliders in local space can be worked around using layers, but if you're unable to set each character in its own, just removing the warning message won't make the issue go away.

Regarding the compilation issue with restPositions, we're unable to reproduce them but will rename that variable just in case.

If you want a refund, just write to our support email (support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com) and provide your invoice number (found in the pdf invoice sent to you upon purchasing).

cheers,
(21-02-2018, 09:58 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

If you wish to use world space simulation with your characters, you can just disable the ObiCloth component before warping them around, then re-enabling it after. That will take care of the stretching.

The issue with local space and multiple shared colliders in local space can be worked around using layers, but if you're unable to set each character in its own, just removing the warning message won't make the issue go away.

Regarding the compilation issue with restPositions, we're unable to reproduce them but will rename that variable just in case.

If you want a refund, just write to our support email (support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com) and provide your invoice number (found in the pdf invoice sent to you upon purchasing).

cheers,
Thank you, email was sent to support.