Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope 3.3.0 - Bunch of warnings
Hi, I just updated to the latest Obi Rope version and I'm getting a bunch (32 to be more exact) of warnings.

Why is that the case? I would expect a premium plugin like this to be more careful with these kind of things.
(20-02-2018, 11:37 AM)luisfonseca Wrote: Hi, I just updated to the latest Obi Rope version and I'm getting a bunch (32 to be more exact) of warnings.

Why is that the case? I would expect a premium plugin like this to be more careful with these kind of things.

Hi Luis,

Could you specify which Unity version you are using, and what are the warnings you're getting? Testing in 5.6.0f3 we get zero warnings. We're dead set at polishing it as far as possible.

cheers,
(20-02-2018, 11:53 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Luis,

Could you specify which Unity version you are using, and what are the warnings you're getting? Testing in 5.6.0f3 we get zero warnings. We're dead set at polishing it as far as possible.

cheers,

I'm using Unity 2017.3 - the latest Unity stable version. Not sure why you guys are only testing your plugin with a Unity version that is now one year old.

Either way, most of the warnings are related to unused variables, so I'm sorry but I doubt you're not getting them as well. 

https://i.imgur.com/UiZu85w.png
(20-02-2018, 03:31 PM)luisfonseca Wrote: I'm using Unity 2017.3 - the latest Unity stable version. Not sure why you guys are only testing your plugin with a Unity version that is now one year old.

Either way, most of the warnings are related to unused variables, so I'm sorry but I doubt you're not getting them as well. 

https://i.imgur.com/UiZu85w.png

Hi Luis,

Turns out the version we uploaded to the store is a couple commits behind the current one, where we updated the rope editor after moving UI stuff to a custom attribute based system in the last minute. We'll update the store version asap. However, the warnings should not affect the plugin functionality at all.

We always develop with the oldest supported version of Unity, and once compiled we test all versions up to the latest one (2018.1b). This is a requirement imposed by the Asset Store: you need to compile packages with the oldest Unity version supported by the asset, which in our case is 5.6.0. If we compiled with 2017.3.0f3, then most users wouldn't be able to use the plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
OK, thanks for the explanation.

Looking forward for the updated version.