Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fixed Timestep
Hello
We need to set Unity Fixed Timestep =0.011111. When we enter these values, we experience a performance loss on the obi fluid side. Contractions occur. Is there any configuration you can suggest for this? I am sending the blueprint part in the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-03-2023, 01:53 PM)ugurcamoglu35 Wrote: Hello
We need to set Unity Fixed Timestep =0.011111. When we enter these values, we experience a performance loss on the obi fluid side. Contractions occur. Is there any configuration you can suggest for this? I am sending the blueprint part in the attachment.

That's a rather small timestep, which will cause all physics in the scene to update roughly 90 times per second. If you need such timestep, compensate by reducing the amount of substeps in your ObiFixedUpdater component.

Eg. if your original timestep was 0.02 (50 hz) and you were using the default 4 substeps, for half the timestep (0.01) you should use half the amount of substeps (2).

kind regards,
(16-03-2023, 02:24 PM)josemendez Wrote: That's a rather small timestep, which will cause all physics in the scene to update roughly 90 times per second. If you need such timestep, compensate by reducing the amount of substeps in your ObiFixedUpdater component.

Eg. if your original timestep was 0.02 (50 hz) and you were using the default 4 substeps, for half the timestep (0.01) you should use half the amount of substeps (2).

kind regards,

Thanks a lot for the information. The solution worked. In addition, I changed the sleep threshold setting in obi solver, it was as we wanted.

kind regards,