Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Rope on moving rigidbody?
I'm adding an Obi Rope onto a moving rigidbody (a ship moving in the water). However, the rope falls immediately through the collider (when my ship's rigidbody is set to kinematic, everything works). Is it possible to use the rope on a moving rigidbody?

Also, is it possible to have the rope be completely static, like a regular static mesh? Some of my ropes don't need to be interacted with.
(28-02-2023, 10:43 AM)lela_tabathy Wrote: I'm adding an Obi Rope onto a moving rigidbody (a ship moving in the water). However, the rope falls immediately through the collider (when my ship's rigidbody is set to kinematic, everything works). Is it possible to use the rope on a moving rigidbody?

Hi!

Collisions work exactly the same regardless of objects being kinematic or not, so not sure how what you're describing is possible.

- What kind of collider is your boat using?
- How are you moving your boat around? If you're using a MeshCollider and moving it by setting its position directly, its possible that tunneling is the cause.
- Is the rope falling trough the collider, or sliding across it? if the latter, maybe your collision material has not enough friction?

(28-02-2023, 10:43 AM)lela_tabathy Wrote: Also, is it possible to have the rope be completely static, like a regular static mesh? Some of my ropes don't need to be interacted with.

You can bake ropes into a static mesh by clicking the "Bake Mesh" button in the renderer inspector.

kind regards,