Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Performance
Hi,

I've got a rigged up character with a robe and I really like the look, however once I add in a few more of the same character things drop dramatically. There is no way I could incorporate this amount of CPU loss into my game. I have a roster of 7 characters who will need at most 2 cloth scripts and 1 solver each, plus several NPC on a screen this could total around max 20. I've got it down to 5 interations total for each solver all seem to run better in Late update, and time is set to .02 in unity.

Am I dreaming with this idea with your asset? I currently have it working with Unity cloth and it's performance is pretty good but the bugs, crashes and look of it is not as nice. 

Any tips or documentation that could help would be great.

Edit: I've watched the video about tweaking it and it helped but even still 3 of those trenchcoat guys and it's tanking to 30FPS from 160FPS. Using my low poly character it sit's at 260FPS with one character, and two it drops to 60FPS.

Edit 2: there is this warning that is eating up a lot of that FPS: Obicolliders used by obisolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared by multiple solvers. please duplicated... I don't quite understand that warning. I duplicated the entire character, including the colliders. 

Thanks