Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Null Ref when opening blueprint.
So, I am also not able to open a blueprint. I've tried reset layout, and I've tried replacing the blueprint cs file that was attached in another thread here. No luck with any of them.
I'm using 2021.3.5f1
And the obi cloth version should be the latest one on the asset store. Version 6.5.1

Any tips on how to fix this would be great, as it currently does not work. Thanks.

Kjetil

Red Thread Games
(17-01-2023, 11:47 AM)kjetil Wrote: So, I am also not able to open a blueprint. I've tried reset layout, and I've tried replacing the blueprint cs file that was attached in another thread here. No luck with any of them.
I'm using 2021.3.5f1
And the obi cloth version should be the latest one on the asset store. Version 6.5.1

Any tips on how to fix this would be great, as it currently does not work. Thanks.

Kjetil

Red Thread Games

Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this, opening (editing) blueprints seems to work without issue in 2021.3.5f1 using Obi 6.5.1 straight from the asset store (no replaced files).

Could you share the exact Null Ref exception error you're getting?

kind regards,
(17-01-2023, 11:59 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this, opening blueprints seems to work without issue in 2021.3.5f1 using Obi 6.5.1 straight from the asset store (no replaced files).

Could you share the exact Null Ref exception error you're getting?

kind regards,
yeah, I've attached a file with two errors.
We do have also the rope asset installed. Both have been just updated.

Kjetil
(17-01-2023, 12:31 PM)kjetil Wrote: yeah, I've attached a file with two errors.

Can't see any files attached to your message. Make sure you've clicked "AddAttachment" after dragging a file to the attachments section, otherwise it won't actually be added. Alternatively, just paste a link to the file, or copy-paste the error message in text format directly from Unity's console which is probably the simplest way to do it.

(17-01-2023, 12:31 PM)kjetil Wrote: yeah, I've attached a file with two errors.
We do have also the rope asset installed. Both have been just updated.

Kjetil

Obi Rope 6.5.1 still hasn't been approved by the store, so if you're mixing different versions in the same project (Obi Cloth 6.5.1 and Obi Rope 6.5) chances are the resulting installation will be broken. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

Quote:How do I install several Obi assets (eg. ObiCloth and ObiRope) together in the same project?

First make sure both assets are the same version (for instance, you can't install 5.1 and 6.2 together in the same project). Then, simply import both packages into the project.

Assuming the store approval process goes smoothly, Obi Rope 6.5.1 and Obi Fluid 6.5.1 should be out in a couple days.

kind regards,
(17-01-2023, 12:43 PM)josemendez Wrote: Can't see any files attached to your message. Make sure you've clicked "AddAttachment" after dragging a file to the attachments section, otherwise it won't actually be added. Alternatively, just paste a link to the file, or copy-paste the error message in text format directly from Unity's console which is probably the simplest way to do it.

Obi Rope 6.5.1 still hasn't been approved by the store, so if you're mixing different versions in the same project (Obi Cloth 6.5.1 and Obi Rope 6.5) chances are the resulting installation will be broken. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/faq.html

Assuming the store approval process goes smoothly, Obi Rope 6.5.1 and Obi Fluid 6.5.1 should be out in a couple days.

kind regards,

yeah, it seems it did not want to attach the file, it's just a regular txt file. And it was not possible to paste inside here as well, strict rules on this forum. But yeah, it makes sense what you say, it could be a conflict between rope and cloth. We can wait until the update is out.
(17-01-2023, 12:53 PM)kjetil Wrote: yeah, it seems it did not want to attach the file, it's just a regular txt file. And it was not possible to paste inside here as well, strict rules on this forum.

Raw .txt file attachments are not allowed (since spammers tend to abuse them), only images (.png, .jpg or .gif), shaders (.shader, .cginc) and .cs files. However pasting error messages should work, example:

Quote:InvalidKeyException: Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown. No Location found for Key=0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
GarmentDesign.Output.ShapeBlueprint:FabricHandle_Completed(AsyncOperationHandle`1) (at Packages/garment-design-package/Runtime/Output/ShapeBlueprint.cs:99)
GarmentDesign.Output.ShapeBlueprint:UpdateFabricCallback() (at Packages/garment-design-package/Runtime/Output/ShapeBlueprint.cs:71)
GarmentDesign.Output.ShapeBlueprint:SetFabricReadyCallback(Action`1) (at Packages/garment-design-package/Runtime/Output/ShapeBlueprint.cs:91)
MeshGeneration.GarmentGenerator:GenerateGarment(Transform, Vector3, Stencil) (at Packages/garment-design-package/Runtime/GarmentGenerator.cs:125)