Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Fluid pass away trought ObiCollider on some contions
Hi There,

I am using mesh collider with obiCollider, when I let obiCollider touch any collider that , it doesnt matter obi or not fluid ,just pass away trought the collider, How could I solve this or is  there a way to make up?

Than you for your attention  Corazón
(21-01-2023, 10:35 AM)mustafagulsoy Wrote: Hi There,

I am using mesh collider with obiCollider, when I let obiCollider touch any collider that , it doesnt matter obi or not fluid ,just pass away trought the collider, How could I solve this or is  there a way to make up?

Than you for your attention  Corazón

Hi!

Make sure you're not moving the collider by setting its transform directly, as this will cause tunneling. This is a basic consequence of how physics simulation works in general.

Use a kinematic rigidbody and its MovePosition() method instead.

kind regards,
(24-01-2023, 08:48 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

Make sure you're not moving the collider by setting its transform directly, as this will cause tunneling. This is a basic consequence of how physics simulation works in general.

Use a kinematic rigidbody and its MovePosition() method instead.

kind regards,
Hi Josemendez,
Than you for answering.
When colliders doesn't move, it is okey, even I use your advices it gets better, but I am using Obi on Vr and I grab colliders so I can't use MovePosition() too , for this reason  there is a alternative way to solve this?
(25-01-2023, 10:24 AM)mustafagulsoy Wrote: Hi Josemendez,
Than you for answering.
When colliders doesn't move, it is okey, even I use your advices it gets better, but I am using Obi on Vr and I grab colliders so I can't use MovePosition() too , for this reason  there is a alternative way to solve this?

In VR you can use MovePosition just fine (VR only affects how objects are rendered, but not how they move: physics don't care if your game is VR or not), however you might need to modify your interaction scripts if you're using third-party scripts for hands and/or grabbing objects.

It's simply not possible to move objects in a physically consistent way by directly setting their transform, as this ignores velocities completely.

kind regards,
(25-01-2023, 10:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: In VR you can use MovePosition just fine (VR only affects how objects are rendered, but not how they move: physics don't care if your game is VR or not), however you might need to modify your interaction scripts if you're using third-party scripts for hands and/or grabbing objects.

It's simply not possible to move objects in a physically consistent way by directly setting their transform, as this ignores velocities completely.

kind regards,
Triste  Unfortunately I am using third-part script (Meta Interaction SDK) 
Thank you for fast asnwering,
Best regards,