Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi rope with Obi sofbody
Pregunta 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXmYkBM...sp=sharing

I use obi rope and sofbody together, for sofbody i use blueprint from 2D mesh and use 3D mesh for softbody skinner (3D mesh child of softbody)  and rope connected with particle attachment to the 2D softbodies with dynamic attachments. Obi solver set to the 2D and has 8 substeps and all constraints are 1, distance and pin are sequential.

I need to make the rope stable so how can i prevent the rope from coming out of the circle, shaking and stretching?
(23-12-2022, 01:55 PM)DogukanB Wrote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXmYkBM...sp=sharing

I need to make the rope stable so how can i prevent the rope from coming out of the circle, shaking and stretching?[/size]

Hi!

There seems to be a great deal of jitter overall in your simulation. Are you using surface collisions for the ropes? Could you share a screenshot of your solver settings?

How are you attaching the softbodies to the ropes using attachments? are there rigidbodies acting as a sort of "bridge" between them?

kind regards,
(23-12-2022, 02:17 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

There seems to be a great deal of jitter overall in your simulation. Are you using surface collisions for the ropes? Could you share a screenshot of your solver settings?

How are you attaching the softbodies to the ropes using attachments? are there rigidbodies acting as a sort of "bridge" between them?

kind regards,

I dont use surface collision for ropes, i attach rope to 2D softbodies (has rigidbody, box collider and obi collider for attachment) rope does not have rigidbody.
(23-12-2022, 02:27 PM)DogukanB Wrote: I dont use surface collision for ropes, i attach rope to 2D softbodies (has rigidbody, box collider and obi collider for attachment) rope does not have rigidbody.

So this means there's a rigidbody+box collider+obicollider to which both the softbody and the rope are attached, correct?

Make sure the rope and and softbodies can't collide against these obicolliders, by setting the collider's collide with to "Nothing". Otherwise they will jitter, see "attachments inside colliders" in the manual: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

If this is not the problem, I'd need to take a closer look at your setup. Could you send a small scene/project that reproduces this to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com? thanks!
(23-12-2022, 03:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: So this means there's a rigidbody+box collider+obicollider to which both the softbody and the rope are attached, correct?

Make sure the rope and and softbodies can't collide against these obicolliders, by setting the collider's collide with to "Nothing". Otherwise they will jitter, see "attachments inside colliders" in the manual: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

If this is not the problem, I'd need to take a closer look at your setup. Could you send a small scene/project that reproduces this to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com? thanks!

"So this means there's a rigidbody+box collider+obicollider to which both the softbody and the rope are attached, correct?" Sofbodies(object with ObiSoftbody component) has rigidbody+box collider+obicollider and rope(does not have rigidbody+box collider+obicollider) attach sofboides with partice attachments. So softbodies and rigidbody+box collider+obicollider in same object(Does not now if it means attached).

When i set obi colliders to nothing, rope does not attach softbodies.

I will send mail with project.
(23-12-2022, 04:21 PM)DogukanB Wrote: When i set obi colliders to nothing, rope does not attach softbodies.

Just tried this but can't reproduce the problem. Collisions and attachments do not have anything to do with each other, they're independent systems so I don't see how changing the collision filter could disable an attachment.

(23-12-2022, 04:21 PM)DogukanB Wrote: I will send mail with project.

Sure, just keep in mind it may take a while for us to take a look since we're out of office until January 7th.

kind regards,