Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Solver Switch Oni/Burst
One of the players in my game is crashing the game when an obi rope is spawned, it only solved when I made a build using Oni instead of Burst, I can change the backend of the obi solver at runtime?

I have some error logs and crash.dmp from the player, but I don't know if it would be useful to solve the problem, so I'm focusing on having a switcher between the two backends.
(10-12-2022, 10:25 PM)willmedeiros Wrote: One of the players in my game is crashing the game when an obi rope is spawned, it only solved when I made a build using Oni instead of Burst, I can change the backend of the obi solver at runtime?

I have some error logs and crash.dmp from the player, but I don't know if it would be useful to solve the problem, so I'm focusing on having a switcher between the two backends.

Yes you can, but this comes with a set of limitations:

- Changing the backend at runtime is extremely slow, since it involves emptying the old backend, setting up the new one, and copy all existing actors from the old backend to the new one.

- Current particle positions/velocities will be kept, but all other particle prropeties won't. Constraints will be recreated anew, so that means ropes that have been cut/resized using a cursor will reset to their original shape.

To change the backend at runtime, do:

Code:
obiSolver.backendType = BackendType.Burst; // or BackendType.Oni;

Also note both backend have different platform support (Oni only supports some platforms) and different performance characteristics (Oni is generally slower than Burst).

If you have crash logs and/or dump files, it could be useful for us to take a look at them. Unless it's a really obscure issue, we could help identifying/fixing the root cause.

kind regards,
Thanks, attached the Player.log, crash.dmp and player specs

Attached Files
.zip   ObiBurstBugWHS.zip (Size: 161.24 KB / Downloads: 0)