Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrongs! Falling humanoid softbody
Exclamación 
Hello!) Thanks for the plugin. What you have done is really cool and I would really like to make games with your plugin. However, bugs stop me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Unity 2020.3.41. There are the following problems:

1) There is a SoftbodyRagdoll character on the Main stage. With timeScale = 1, there are no problems. However, in a future game, we will have time scale. When slowing down, you can see that the character's limbs are lags. It looks like interpolation doesn't work for limbs. Although it is enabled for both Solver and Rigidbody components of all body parts. Also, I encountered the fact that the character blurs during the fall, but I solved it as recommended here http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...erpolation. So as I understand it is not a problem of the order of calling the physics Unity and Softbody.

2) blueprint 19_0_48_skeleton is now used for SoftbodyRagdoll. If you select the blueprint 19_0_48_skeleton, leave exactly the same values, pass Armature_Mesh in the field Mesh and Skeleton, in the RootBone select Hips and press the Generate button, and then in the scene "Bind Skin ", then the character mesh will break. At the same time, if you do the same only for the new blueprint, then everything will work for you the same way it works now. Why is this happening? Is this how it should be?

3) There is a Blueprints folder in the project. All blueprints created in it were made from the Armature_Mesh object. Why, if you put them on a character, they will break his grid? I've tried different values for Solver.ShapeMatching.Iterations

4) I use Softbody. It doesn't use Ragdoll however I also fail. He becomes invisible

Here link on zip project and video error https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks for the help!
(09-12-2022, 09:02 PM)Eeggoorr Wrote: 1) There is a SoftbodyRagdoll character on the Main stage. With timeScale = 1, there are no problems. However, in a future game, we will have time scale. When slowing down, you can see that the character's limbs are lags. It looks like interpolation doesn't work for limbs. Although it is enabled for both Solver and Rigidbody components of all body parts. [...] So as I understand it is not a problem of the order of calling the physics Unity and Softbody.

Interpolation introduces a 1-frame delay, as stated in the manual. This is true of both softbodies and Unity rigidbodies, it’s just how physics state interpolation works. If you use physics interpolation for part of a character’s body, it will lag begind the animation, so it’s often not recommended to do. Same applies to cloth.

(09-12-2022, 09:02 PM)Eeggoorr Wrote: Also, I encountered the fact that the character blurs during the fall, but I solved it as recommended here http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...erpolation.

That particular fix was included in the engine more than a year ago, so if you needed to add the patch manually you must be using a rather old version. I'd recommend updating to the latest one.

Quote:2) blueprint 19_0_48_skeleton is now used for SoftbodyRagdoll. If you select the blueprint 19_0_48_skeleton, leave exactly the same values, pass Armature_Mesh in the field Mesh and Skeleton, in the RootBone select Hips and press the Generate button, and then in the scene "Bind Skin ", then the character mesh will break. At the same time, if you do the same only for the new blueprint, then everything will work for you the same way it works now. Why is this happening? Is this how it should be?

Will take a look later today to the project you linked and get back to you regarding this.

Quote:3) There is a Blueprints folder in the project. All blueprints created in it were made from the Armature_Mesh object. Why, if you put them on a character, they will break his grid? I've tried different values for Solver.ShapeMatching.Iterations

I don’t think I understand this question, sorry. What do you mean by “the grid”? Are you referring to the character’s mesh?

Quote:4) I use Softbody. It doesn't use Ragdoll however I also fail. He becomes invisible

That’s the intended result: wouldn’t be much of a softbody simulation if it had no gravity applied to it, would it?Guiño Typically, you’d attach some particles in the softbody to an existing transform to keep them from falling.

Ragdolls are hierarchies of rigidbodies attached to each other via joints. Either you’re using rigidbody or you’re using softbody, it makes no sense whatsoever to use both components at once in the same object since they both endow the object with mass, velocity, etc. and make external accelerations/forces affect it.

If you want a ragdoll with soft skin, you need to attach the softbody particles to the ragdoll’s bones. This is done automatically for you when you set up a full-body volumetric softbody (see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html)

If all you want is mesh vertices jiggling around without any physical interaction, a simple vertex shader modifier would be enough, no need for softbodies. Look up “VertEx Motion” in the asset store, if this fits your use case better I can refund your ObiSoftbody purchase.

Let me know if you need further help,
Thanks for the answer! We have put this project on hold for now. But I think we'll be back soon. I will try to upgrade and not use ragdoll

Quote:I don’t think I understand this question, sorry. What do you mean by “the grid”? Are you referring to the character’s mesh?

I'm sorry. You are right, I meant mesh.