Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloths exploding like fire crackers!
Hello I just purchased Obi Cloth. I'm on an Apple M1 Air. I've followed the guide to update the packages. I'm only using your sample scenes currently.  This has made some improvements as the cloths are now moving however:

1. I'm still getting this error "DllNotFoundException: libOni assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> memberTristenull)".

2. When the cloths collide in any of the sample scenes they go crazy. The only way I can describe it is the cloths look like fire crackers exploding everywhere when they collide with something. Same happens in the fan scene. No collisions but when blowing the cloth, it's like fire crackers all over the scene.

3. In one case when trying to get a cape to move on a Synth model, the cape ends up expanding so big that it fills the whole scene and is flapping all over the place

Please help! Would love to get this new asset working in my project please Sonrisa
(03-12-2022, 11:36 PM)inkofthedragon Wrote: Hello I just purchased Obi Cloth. I'm on an Apple M1 Air. I've followed the guide to update the packages. I'm only using your sample scenes currently.  This has made some improvements as the cloths are now moving however:

1. I'm still getting this error "DllNotFoundException: libOni assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> memberTristenull)".

Hi!

Make sure your solver is set up to use the Burst backend (should be by default, even in the included sample scenes) and that no warning message appears in its inspector:
[Image: burst_warning.png]

Also make sure you're not using the ObiProfiler component in the scene, since it only works with the Oni backend. The fallback backend doesn't support the M1 architecture at all, so it will fail to find the Oni library.

(03-12-2022, 11:36 PM)inkofthedragon Wrote: 2. When the cloths collide in any of the sample scenes they go crazy. The only way I can describe it is the cloths look like fire crackers exploding everywhere when they collide with something. Same happens in the fan scene. No collisions but when blowing the cloth, it's like fire crackers all over the scene.

Never heard of anything similar to what you describe. Could you share a screenshot/video of this?

(03-12-2022, 11:36 PM)inkofthedragon Wrote: 3. In one case when trying to get a cape to move on a Synth model, the cape ends up expanding so big that it fills the whole scene and is flapping all over the place

Could be that the model is scaled up, but hard to say without taking a look at the actual model. Would it be possible for you to share it by sending to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com?

kind regards,