Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Path following with constant move speed
Hi,
I'm using suggested mu technique to move an object along the obi rope. However, sometimes the values that i get from the sections(ObiPathFrame) are far away from each other.  This makes the movement inconsistent. The decimation and smoothing values in the inspector are 0. Increase these values make things worse. You can see the rope and values i get from sections and mu values as circles in the attachments. Is there any other techniques to move an object along the rope with constant speed? 

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(30-11-2022, 03:23 PM)bblbz Wrote: Hi,
I'm using suggested mu technique to move an object along the obi rope. However, sometimes the values that i get from the sections(ObiPathFrame) are far away from each other.  This makes the movement inconsistent. The decimation and smoothing values in the inspector are 0. Increase these values make things. You can see the rope and values i get from sections and mu values as circles in the attachments. Is there any other techniques to move an object along the rope with constant speed? 

Thank you.

Hi

The values returned are reasonably evenly spaced (they're approximated using arc length parameterization of the rope's path) in the rope's rest state, as defined by the blueprint path which is usually not the same as the rope's current state in world space: If the rope is stretched or compressed, values returned will not be evenly spaced in world space.

If you need points to be evenly spaced in world space (as opposed to evenly spaced in the rope's path frame), you will need to calculate this yourself: for any given length L along the rope, iterate trough elements in the rope accumulating their length until the accumulated length is larger than L, then stop at that element and linearly interpolate within the element to get the position.

kind regards,