Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rigidbody inside softbody sphere?
(04-12-2022, 03:52 PM)Milionario Wrote: That sounds great, will write you an email.

Answered it, check your inbox Sonrisa

kind regards,
(05-12-2022, 10:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: Answered it, check your inbox Sonrisa

kind regards,

thanks, I am playing around with it.

Having some problems.

My character seems to be slippery inside the softbody, I applied a high friction softbody material to it and the ragdoll feet, the one that comes with the package, but that doesn't seem to make the character less slippery, it works for outside objects though, so the softbody really sticks to surfaces when moving

Also, the softbody skinner seems like it doenst like the softbody scale to be changed, sometimes it just doesnt work so i have to use the particle renderer to see the softbody
(05-12-2022, 04:42 PM)Milionario Wrote: My character seems to be slippery inside the softbody, I applied a high friction softbody material to it and the ragdoll feet, the one that comes with the package, but that doesn't seem to make the character less slippery, it works for outside objects though, so the softbody really sticks to surfaces when moving

There's two materials that come with the package: "High friction" and "High static friction". Which one are you using? The "High static friction" one has its combine mode set to "minimum", so when it collides with another collision material the lowest friction of the two will be applied.

(05-12-2022, 04:42 PM)Milionario Wrote: Also, the softbody skinner seems like it doenst like the softbody scale to be changed, sometimes it just doesnt work so i have to use the particle renderer to see the softbody

Deformable objects cannot be scaled at runtime, in general. This also applies to ropes and cloth. The reason is they don't have a single reference point to be scaled around, unlike rigid objects. Mathematically speaking, it simply doesn't make sense.

If you're changing the scale of the blueprint, you'll need to re-bind the ObiSoftbodySkinner component. Just like you would if changing the skeleton of a character: you'd need to rebind its skin afterwards.

let me know if you need further help,
(05-12-2022, 04:51 PM)josemendez Wrote: There's two materials that come with the package: "High friction" and "High static friction". Which one are you using? The "High static friction" one has its combine mode set to "minimum", so when it collides with another collision material the lowest friction of the two will be applied.

Deformable objects cannot be scaled at runtime, in general. This also applies to ropes and cloth. The reason is they don't have a single reference point to be scaled around, unlike rigid objects. Mathematically speaking, it simply doesn't make sense.

If you're changing the scale of the blueprint, you'll need to re-bind the ObiSoftbodySkinner component. Just like you would if changing the skeleton of a character: you'd need to rebind its skin afterwards.

let me know if you need further help,

Yeah so I was setting the scale with the blueprint, not with the transform, clicking on bind doesn't help, after hitting play the result is the same, also, when clicking it, the softbody renderer doesn't reflect the scale set in the blueprint

https://youtu.be/RTpwTL89g-w
(05-12-2022, 06:04 PM)Milionario Wrote: Yeah so I was setting the scale with the blueprint, not with the transform, clicking on bind doesn't help, after hitting play the result is the same, also, when clicking it, the softbody renderer doesn't reflect the scale set in the blueprint

https://youtu.be/RTpwTL89g-w

Hi,

In the video you're changing the scale of the blueprint to 5, but the scale of the skinned mesh renderer is kept to 1? It won't work of course, since the softbody is 5 times larger than the mesh, and the "skinning max distance" property of the skinner is set to 0.5 meters. So the mesh vertices aren't getting skinned to any particle because they aren't within 0.5 meters of any particle.

You want to have a softbody actor with a blueprint that has its scale set to 5, and a separate object with a skinned mesh renderer that's also set to that scale. See the RubberDragon sample scene for an example of this kind of setup.

This works just like linear blend skinning for characters: the only difference is that the character's 'skeleton' here would be the softbody particles.

kind regards,