Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  cloth passthrough
(10-11-2022, 01:26 PM)josemendez Wrote: That's quite a large mass ratio. Most physics engines will work ok up until ratios of 1:10, this is also recommended in Unity's docs. Try increasing the cloth mass to 0.05-ish.

Compliance is expressed in m/N, a value of 100 will make the cloth extremely stretchy which I believe is the exact opposite of what you want in this case. Compliances should be left to zero unless you're aiming for very elastic materials.

Using ObiLateFixedUpdater will cause the simulation to execute once after every other script has called its FixedUpdate(). Another option is using ObiFixedUpdater, but forcing XRInteractable to update before the cloth simulation manually. You can do this in Unity's script execution order window, by setting ObiFixedUpdater to update after XRInteractable.

Ok I set it to XRInteractable -> ObiFixedUpdater. The wavy thing is much less now.

Is the cloth jitter the same jitter as http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html
ie not enough simplices colliding.

Also, I think I really need some background knowledge. Would you have any recommendations on where to learn about physics engines? (site, textbook etc). I have engineering background.

Thanks so much for your help