Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Disable/Enable solver to disable simulation
Hello! I want to disable and enable cloth simulation based on lod visibility (read it's just enough to disable/ebale the solver), the problem is that when i enable it cloth has visual lag, like jumps from old positions. This seems not happen if i test it with "simulate when invisible", so i assume there is a difference there. Need help to figure out what i miss. Thanks!
(05-11-2022, 03:06 PM)Sloppy Wrote: Hello! I want to disable and enable cloth simulation based on lod visibility (read it's just enough to disable/ebale the solver), the problem is that when i enable it cloth has visual lag, like jumps from old positions. This seems not happen if i test it with "simulate when invisible", so i assume there is a difference there. Need help to figure out what i miss. Thanks!

Hi Sloppy,

I couldn't reproduce any visual lag when disabling the solver, moving it to another place, and re-enabling the solver. Furthermore, simulation is performed in the solver's local space so moving it around should have no effect on the simulation (unless world linear/angular inertia scale settings are larger than zero).

Could you please share a short video of the issue, and share the code you're using for your LODing system?

kind regards,