Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope Problem
Hello to everyone
I want to buy your Obi Rope asset. So I wanted to ask you a few questions first.
1- Can we create rope while playing and connect this rope 2 gameObject's body?
2- Can we extend the length of the rope we are playing while playing
3- Can we break the rope with a certain weight or force and how can we do it

I looked at your Youtube channel, but I did not see any videos about them. My English is not good so I need a video. I am sure there are others like me  Triste
Thank you for helping  Corazón

I forget to write
I could not write  this questions on rope part so I had to write here.
I'm sorry.
(11-02-2018, 07:58 PM)13ee13 Wrote: Hello to everyone
I want to buy your Obi Rope asset. So I wanted to ask you a few questions first.
1- Can we create rope while playing and connect this rope 2 gameObject's body?

I looked at your Youtube channel, but I did not see any videos about them. My English is not good so I need a video. I am sure there are others like me  Triste
Thank you for helping  Corazón

I forget to write
I'm sorry.

Hi there!

To answer your questions:

1.- Yes. See:http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/scriptingactors.html
2.- Yes (there's a component, ObiCursor, that allow you to extend/retract the rope from any point in both directions.)
3.- Yes (the rope has a breaking threshold value in newtons. Once this value is exceeded, it will break automatically.)

cheers!
Quote:Hello to everyone
1- Can we create a thorough review of Binance while playing and connect this rope 2 gameObject's body?

I looked at your Youtube channel, but I did not see any videos about them. My English is not good so I need a video. I am sure there are others like me  Triste
Thank you for helping  Corazón

I forget to write
I'm sorry.

Hi Jose, do you think it would be a good idea to implement visual cues for when the rope approaches the breaking threshold?
(13-02-2018, 01:39 PM)Dunkle Wrote: Hi Jose, do you think it would be a good idea to implement visual cues for when the rope approaches the breaking threshold?

Do you mean in a game? Well, it depends on your gameplay. If you want to warn the user that rope is about to break, then you should. This would give them an opportunity to take action to prevent it from happening.

The easiest way to do it would be to simply set the particle colors according to the distance constraints force.