Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  issue with cloth collision
Changing the weights didn't help.
It seems the relative small size of the small particles are the cause of the issue?

My aim is for the small particles to behave like the red particles.
I will try with a mesh that has only the "small particles" then.
(05-09-2022, 09:24 AM)danazoid Wrote: Changing the weights didn't help.
It seems the relative small size of the small particles are the cause of the issue?

My aim is for the small particles to behave like the red particles.
I will try with a mesh that has only the "small particles" then.

It's not the relative size of the particles that's an issue, but that particles are extremely small in absolute terms.
If the size of the particles is indeed the issue, leaving the small particles *only* won't improve matters in any way.

If there's no reason why your particles are sub-millimeter in size and the simulation results scaled up x10, why not just make the particles ten times bigger?
(05-09-2022, 09:34 AM)josemendez Wrote: It's not the relative size of the particles that's an issue, but that particles are extremely small in absolute terms.
If the size of the particles is indeed the issue, leaving the small particles *only* won't improve matters in any way.

If there's no reason why your particles are sub-millimeter in size and the simulation results scaled up x10, why not just make the particles ten times bigger?

I'm trying to have a finger interact with a small flap of skin about 1-2 finger widths in size, in VR.
The particles will probably have to be around 1mm in size to be convincing.

To clarify, I will be working in x1. The x10 was so it would be easier for me to make a video demonstrate the issue (and to show comparison with the red particle mesh which happens to be 100x bigger). I apologize if this has caused confusion.
(05-09-2022, 09:53 AM)danazoid Wrote: I'm trying to have a finger interact with a small flap of skin about 1-2 finger widths in size, in VR.
The particles will probably have to be around 1mm in size to be convincing.

To clarify, I will be working in x1. The x10 was so it would be easier for me to make a video demonstrate the issue (and to show comparison with the red particle mesh which happens to be 100x bigger). I apologize if this has caused confusion.

Currently your smallest particles are around half a millimeter in size. If you really need particles that small, it would probably be better to do the exact opposite: make particles bigger, then scale down the size of the simulation. This way you improve floating point precision, instead of reducing it.
Ok it works now! Sonrisa
I did both of the things you suggested.

1) scaled up my original model 5x, then used the solver at 1/5x.
(also adjusted the particle mass and sleep threshold as before)
it didn't work until...

2) set the skinmap weights as barycentric: 1, normal alignment: 0, elevation: 0

Thanks for your help!