Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorrect blueprint generation
Triste 
Hi Guiño
I am writing to ask for help. I have been working on a project using Obi softbody for over three months now. It used to simulate the flexing of a pregnant woman's body under the pressure of the usg head.

Previously a test model of a woman, being only a torso, generated to blueprint without much problem. It usually took about 5/10 seconds.

Since the graphic designer generated the new, final model, the torso object completely refuses to work with the plugin. Blueprint generates instantly, as if it skips the object completely. Additionally, the particle model consists of large, dense and disproportionate particles with normal ones facing one way. (I checked and the normal of the model is correct). Applying and running an object with this blueprint ends up with a completely distorted mesh.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong or is it the fault of the model? If you know the answer then please give suggestions in the comments. My graphic designer doesn't know anything about coding and I don't know anything about modelling and for over 3 days we have been trying various tricks to make the new model work like the old one, to no result.

I added some screenshots below Guiño

Thanks in advice for any help.

EDIT. I couldn't add all screenshoots so I posted them there:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-05-2022, 02:41 AM)SmartMatt Wrote: Hi Guiño
I am writing to ask for help. I have been working on a project using Obi softbody for over three months now. It used to simulate the flexing of a pregnant woman's body under the pressure of the usg head.

Previously a test model of a woman, being only a torso, generated to blueprint without much problem. It usually took about 5/10 seconds.

Since the graphic designer generated the new, final model, the torso object completely refuses to work with the plugin. Blueprint generates instantly, as if it skips the object completely. Additionally, the particle model consists of large, dense and disproportionate particles with normal ones facing one way. (I checked and the normal of the model is correct). Applying and running an object with this blueprint ends up with a completely distorted mesh.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong or is it the fault of the model? If you know the answer then please give suggestions in the comments. My graphic designer doesn't know anything about coding and I don't know anything about modelling and for over 3 days we have been trying various tricks to make the new model work like the old one, to no result.

I added some screenshots below Guiño

Thanks in advice for any help.

EDIT. I couldn't add all screenshoots so I posted them there:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Hi Matt,

I can't say for sure, but it just seems like both models were exported with different transform scale values.

As you can see in the screenshots, the world-space grid in the scene for the new blueprint is much larger than the old one. The old one seems to be around one meter long, while the new one could be maybe a few centimeters. Probably the new one just has a larger transform scale to compensate for this when rendering, and in turn this is causing distortion during simulation.

Because the new one is much smaller, it also generates less particles.

Would it be possible for you to share the new mesh with me so that I can take a look? you can send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. Thanks!
(12-05-2022, 07:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Matt,

I can't say for sure, but it just seems like both models were exported with different transform scale values.

As you can see in the screenshots, the world-space grid in the scene for the new blueprint is much larger than the old one. The old one seems to be around one  meter long, while the new one could be maybe a few centimeters. Probably the new one just has a larger transform scale to compensate for this when rendering, and in turn this is causing distortion during simulation.

Because the new one is much smaller, it also generates less particles.

Would it be possible for you to share the new mesh with me so that I can take a look? you can send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. Thanks!

Yep, sure! Both old and new mesh have beed sent on that email. Thank you for your help, I'm waiting for response.
Hi Matt,

Just replied to your email, posting the answer here too for convenience:
-----

Here's the two meshes side by side in the Unity viewport: the old one is on the left, the new one is the speck on the right (added an arrow pointing to its because it's barely visible):

[Image: YRYVssq.png]

The new mesh is less than a millimeter in size, as a result very few particles will be created for it. Also, voxelization during blueprint generation will have trouble finding inside/outside regions and determining normals because of numerical precision issues. Simply export it using real-world units, that should fix the issue. If you've scaled the mesh up using its transform, remember to apply transform scale values to the mesh before exporting (in Blender, it's Object->Apply->Scale)
Thank you for your answer. I didn't expect such a quick response Gran sonrisa I'll pass this reply on to the graphic designer immediately.