Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long app launch
The app takes a long time to launch with Obi Softbody. Different devices launch it from 20s to 120s. How can I boost it?
(05-05-2022, 03:22 PM)Lazy_Redpaw Wrote: The app takes a long time to launch with Obi Softbody. Different devices launch it from 20s to 120s. How can I boost it?

Hi,

There's nothing Obi does at startup that could justify long loading times, other than building BIHs for MeshColliders. So my guess is you have lots of rather complex MeshColliders in your scene? You could substitute these by distance fields, they're cheaper, more robust, and require no precomputation at runtime.

If this is not your case, then the only way to determine what's causing this is using Unity's profiler.

kind regards,
(06-05-2022, 07:50 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

There's nothing Obi does at startup that could justify long loading times, other than building BIHs for MeshColliders. So my guess is you have lots of rather complex MeshColliders in your scene? You could substitute these by distance fields, they're cheaper, more robust, and require no precomputation at runtime.

If this is not your case, then the only way to determine what's causing this is using Unity's profiler.

kind regards,
Thank you for your response. That helped.