Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Cloth behind animation
I am using skinned mesh for character cloth.
I have colliders on her legs.

The issue:
With Late updater the cloth looks fine but collision isn't accurate. The skirt go through her leg and stick to her butt when running.

With Late Fixed updater/Fixed updater, The cloth lag behind the animation. (I have tried all update mode of animator)
Hi there!

make sure interpolation is disabled in the solver component, as it introduces a 1-frame delay:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

Quote:Keep in mind that interpolation introduces a 1-frame delay. This is specially important to keep in mind when attaching actors to other objects.

Then, depending on when you want the simulation to run during the frame you have a couple options:
- If you want to use a fixed timestep, set your animator mode to "animate physics" and then use a ObiLateFixedUpdater.
- If you can get away with a variable timestep, set your animator mode to "normal" and use ObiLateUpdater.

let me know if I can be of further help,
(26-04-2022, 08:24 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

make sure interpolation is disabled in the solver component, as it introduces a 1-frame delay:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

Then, depending on when you want the simulation to run during the frame you have a couple options:
- If you want to use a fixed timestep, set your animator mode to "animate physics" and then use a ObiLateFixedUpdater.
- If you can get away with a variable timestep, set your animator mode to "normal" and use ObiLateUpdater.

let me know if I can be of further help,

Thanks, I added obi rigibody and it works, why? 
Interpolation makes no difference, neither do the other options. 
Btw, Obi is doing really good job on most of the simulation but skinned mesh always have some sort of problem.
Thanks!!
(26-04-2022, 10:27 PM)LKH819 Wrote: Thanks, I added obi rigibody and it works, why? 
Interpolation makes no difference, neither do the other options. 
Btw, Obi is doing really good job on most of the simulation but skinned mesh always have some sort of problem.
Thanks!!

If your character controller is a rigidbody, but you don't have a ObiRigidbody component to match, this means the cloth can only react to it once it has moved. So the rigidbody will move to a new position, the cloth will collide with it, and then move out. Depending on which component Unity decides to update first and the updater you're using this can generate a 1-frame delay.

However if you add a ObiRigidbody, the cloth is now aware of the rigidbody's velocity. This enables CCD to kick in, which essentially allows Obi to ask "where's the rigidbody going to move next, based on its velocity vector?" and react accordingly.

kind regards,