Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to re-enable and disable, without skin going invisible on root object (original)
hello dev

for some reason on the BallPool example, when I try to disable the clone I make, it disables the original object mesh (the skinned mesh, found on base object) and doesnt re-render.

im trying to disable objects to save performance on runtime, but this is unusable in current state

whats correct way to disable obi softbody objects with this no-skinned-bones-weights skinned mesh setup, so it can disable children or clones, not lose mesh references, and also re-renable children or clones for performance?
(23-04-2022, 08:10 PM)usemahrope88 Wrote: hello dev

for some reason on the BallPool example, when I try to disable the clone I make, it disables the original object mesh (the skinned mesh, found on base object) and doesnt re-render.

im trying to disable objects to save performance on runtime, but this is unusable in current state

whats correct way to disable obi softbody objects with this no-skinned-bones-weights skinned mesh setup, so it can disable children or clones, not lose mesh references, and also re-renable children or clones for performance?

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this! This is not the intended behavior. Will investigate and get back to you asap.
Hi again,

This was indeed a bug in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component, triggered by disabling it on an instanced object.

Attached you can find a fixed version of the component script. Just replace the one found at  /Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs with this one.

Let me know how it goes,

Attached Files
.cs   ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs (Size: 17.55 KB / Downloads: 3)