Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does ObiStitcher has scriptable API ?
Recently, I tried Obistitcher, which perfectly matches my need.
However, I found that ObiStitcher can only support point-wise stitching, which is rather inconvenient.
So I want to ask whether ObiStitcher has some batch-process methods or API, or something like `group` in Obi Blueprint.
Hope to hear your reply soon~
(07-04-2022, 04:40 PM)SimonFu Wrote: Recently, I tried Obistitcher, which perfectly matches my need.
However, I found that ObiStitcher can only support point-wise stitching, which is rather inconvenient.
So I want to ask whether ObiStitcher has some batch-process methods or API, or something like `group` in Obi Blueprint.
Hope to hear your reply soon~

Hi,

It is not possible to stitch groups of particles together, only pairs of particles. This is because of the very nature of stitch constraints: they collapse exactly two particles to their mass-weighted average position.

If you wanted to stitch a group of 4 particles to a group of 2 particles, what should the result be?: should all particles in both groups be collapsed into a point? Should the first 2 particles in each group collapse pair-wise, and leave the remaining 2 particles on one of the groups alone? Do the order in which particles appear in the group affect the order in which they are stitched...?
(note that by using the AddStitch() method of the stitcher, you can take a couple particle groups and easily implement any of the above)

However with attachments, the intent of attaching a particle group is clear: all particles in the group must keep their current position relative to another object. That’s why attachments take a group as input, but stitches can only take particle pairs.

Kind regards,