Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to get a player swinging on a rope made with obi rope?
Hi, I Want to make a rope swinging system in my game I already did this using  Hinge joints but the rope does not look good that way this is what I have right now Video of the current rope made with hinge joints

To make the rope look better I bought the Obi Rope asset and tried doing this: I added 2 Obi Particle Attachment components to the rope and assigned the player on the first one and gave the starting control point in the particle group and assigned an empty object on the other one and gave it the ending control point in the particle group what happened was that the player would be the object that the rope would be hanging from but I wanted it to be in reverse the empty object holding the rope from above and below it, the player after the player moved I wanted the rope to follow along with it is there any way to do this?
(20-03-2022, 05:58 PM)Panjavidze Wrote: I added 2 Obi Particle Attachment components to the rope and assigned the player on the first one and gave the starting control point in the particle group and assigned an empty object on the other one and gave it the ending control point in the particle group what happened was that the player would be the object that the rope would be hanging from but I wanted it to be in reverse the empty object holding the rope from above and below it, the player after the player moved I wanted the rope to follow along with it is there any way to do this?

Hi!

Of the two objects attached to each end of the rope, which one falls and which one remains fixed depends on which one you added a Rigidbody component to. This works the same for all Unity objects, even if you weren't using Obi: for an object to be affected by gravity, you need to add a Rigidbody to it.

Obi includes an example scene that implements a fully dynamic grappling hook: "RopeGrapplingHook", in the samples folder. You can use it as a starting point or as reference to implement your own.