Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How do I make a collider affect particles only?
Thank you for putting in so much effort, this is by far the best supported product I ever bought! Sonrisa

It works fine now, it was most likely a high density causing problems as you suggested. I can actually get away with 100 kg/m3 for my fluid when using the distance field, which is great since I want the fluid's weight in the bowl to be measurable with a spring joint based scale. And it's still noticeably more stable than the mesh collider at that density. I haven't seen a single particle slip through the field, even when quickly accelerating the mortar.

Just one question though, how are your particles that small with a resolution of .75? It looks like you didn't upscale the model, so I'm somewhat confused. I've been using a resolution of 60 for the same bowl, resulting in comparable particle size to what I saw in the video.
(18-03-2022, 07:20 PM)locque Wrote: Thank you for putting in so much effort, this is by far the best supported product I ever bought! Sonrisa

No worries, that's what I'm here for! Sonrisa

(18-03-2022, 07:20 PM)locque Wrote: Just one question though, how are your particles that small with a resolution of .75? It looks like you didn't upscale the model, so I'm somewhat confused. I've been using a resolution of 60 for the same bowl, resulting in comparable particle size to what I saw in the video.

Right, so what I did was just scale the solver down (solvers in Obi act as an inertial reference frame)

This is often quite convenient, although it is not 100% equivalent to increasing fluid resolution to get smaller particles. Increasing resolution just makes particles smaller. Scaling the solver down scales the entire sim space, so for instance if you set the solver's transform scale to 0.5, 1 meter in solver space now equals to 0.5 meters in world space. Which means a particle moving at a speed of 2 meters/second in the solver, would appear to move at just 1 meter/second to an external observer.

Here's a video about it: