Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build size on mobile
This may be a silly question (certainly lazy of me anyway) but I couldn't find any info on this.
I am in the design phase of my project and am curious what the approximate build sizes are for cloth, rope and fluid on IOS and android are. 
Just checking that these features won't figure heavily into my 100mb budget since AFAIK they are using their own physics library.
Unity is still a bit new to me, so I'm not sure by looking at the package files as to what gets included in a build...

Thanks for any info.
(02-02-2018, 06:00 AM)Wade Howard Wrote: This may be a silly question (certainly lazy of me anyway) but I couldn't find any info on this.
I am in the design phase of my project and am curious what the approximate build sizes are for cloth, rope and fluid on IOS and android are. 
Just checking that these features won't figure heavily into my 100mb budget since AFAIK they are using their own physics library.
Unity is still a bit new to me, so I'm not sure by looking at the package files as to what gets included in a build...

Thanks for any info.

Hi there!

Obi's physics library for iOS is about 6 Mb (as it contains versions both for the simulator and the actual devices). The essential files (everything that is under /Obi/Scripts) are about 500 kb, with slight variations for cloth, rope or fluid, being cloth the largest. So I'd expect the game size to increase about 6,5 Mb when including any of the Obi assets.

cheers,