Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  (Solved) Rigidbody at end of rope moves wildly and rope doesnt collider with objects
Dedo arriba 
Hi there, I'm starting with this asset and I wanted to create a basic scene, but I'm having some issues when implementing obi rope.

I have a rope attached to a cube in one end and a small ball in the other end. 
My goal is to be able to grab the ball and pull the box using the rope as the medium

The rope is set in a very similar way to that of the rocker (I used it as a base) and I think I have setup everything correctly so I don't know why is the rope and the attached object behaving in such a weird way. I have installed Jobs and burst so it's able to use the burst backend and there are no warnings or anything.

This video shows what I am referring to and how the objects are set in the scene 
https://youtu.be/NvAVUcajIOU

Trivia:
I want to be able to grab the small ball using my own scripts that are already working with normal rigidbodies of they are in layer 20 (grabbable) This part already works with other rigidbodies and isn't giving me any problems when not using a rope, the code parents the transform of the RB to an object in the player's hierarchy and modifies some fields of the RB (drag is set to 10, uses gravity = false) and then applies forces so that the RB is in the desired position while hold until thrown (then, its parent is set to null, the drag and gravity are restored)

Edit: Thanks for the response, you made me realize that those warnings and mentions about the rope being inside of colliders were because of the rope getting inside of the things it was supposed to attach to, now I understand that's how it was, I though that it was related with external meshes interfering with the rope.

With that I was able to fix it, thanks a lot!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-03-2022, 02:16 AM)NestorVG Wrote: Hi there, I'm starting with this asset and I wanted to create a basic scene, but I'm having some issues when implementing obi rope.

I have a rope attached to a cube in one end and a small ball in the other end. 
My goal is to be able to grab the ball and pull the box using the rope as the medium

The rope is set in a very similar way to that of the rocker (I used it as a base) and I think I have setup everything correctly so I don't know why is the rope and the attached object behaving in such a weird way. I have installed Jobs and burst so it's able to use the burst backend and there are no warnings or anything.

This video shows what I am referring to and how the objects are set in the scene 
https://youtu.be/NvAVUcajIOU

Trivia:
I want to be able to grab the small ball using my own scripts that are already working with normal rigidbodies of they are in layer 20 (grabbable) This part already works with other rigidbodies and isn't giving me any problems when not using a rope, the code parents the transform of the RB to an object in the player's hierarchy and modifies some fields of the RB (drag is set to 10, uses gravity = false) and then applies forces so that the RB is in the desired position while hold until thrown (then, its parent is set to null, the drag and gravity are restored)

Hi Nestor,

Looks to me like the rope is attached inside a collider. If the rope is set to collide against it, this will create an impossible to solve situation: the rope cannot be simultaneoulsy inside the collider (which is what the attachment wants) and outside of it (what the collision wants). The result is wild jittering.

This situation is specifically warned against in the manual, see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...aints.html

The solution is simple: use collision filtering to disable collisions between the end of the rope and that collider.

Kind regards,