Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Softbody - Stop Movement
[Image: dADDnn.png]
  Hello, thanks for this amazing tool. It's very fun to use. I have some questions, I hope you can help.

1)I'm making a game like 3D Tetris. At start i want some objects to stay together like in the photo. But when I press play they are not standing together, they probably collides with eachother and goes away. 

2)The cubes are not standing on the ground, they act like they are on the ground, but they aren't. How can I solve these? Thanks for your help.
[Image: Yg5GOY.png]
Hi there,

Both things are a consequence of Obi being a particle-based engine. If you add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your softbodies, the reason for this will become immediately obvious: particles are used to perform collision detection, not the mesh's surface.

There's many ways to work around this, some are:
- Just make your particles smaller (give them a smaller radius in the blueprint editor)
- Use a smaller mesh to generate the blueprint (or just scale the blueprint down, using its "scale" property)
- Use a small negative thickness for your ObiColliders, to compensate for particle radius.

let me know if you need further help.

kind regards,
Dedo arriba 
(02-03-2022, 08:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Both things are a consequence of Obi being a particle-based engine. If you add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your softbodies, the reason for this will become immediately obvious: particles are used to perform collision detection, not the mesh's surface.

There's many ways to work around this, some are:
- Just make your particles smaller (give them a smaller radius in the blueprint editor)
- Use a smaller mesh to generate the blueprint (or just scale the blueprint down, using its "scale" property)
- Use a small negative thickness for your ObiColliders, to compensate for particle radius.

let me know if you need further help.

kind regards,
That's what I exactly looking for. Thanks for your help and thanks for your quick reply  Sonrisa