Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash report
Sorprendido 
Hi,

My editor has crashed randomly these days, would you please have a look? 

error.log
==================
Unity Editor [version: Unity 2017.2.0f3_46dda1414e51]

libOni.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module libOni.dll at 0033:ed69cade.
==================

Editor.log
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FF8ED69CADE (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FF8ED6E98C6 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED6EADE1 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED6E94A9 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED710559 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8FAC71FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FF8FB91EF91 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

Dmp file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BTjqHO...rRv0CMY8gK

Cheers,
Zhu Chun
(31-01-2018, 09:03 AM)zhuchun Wrote: Hi,

My editor has crashed randomly these days, would you please have a look? 

error.log
==================
Unity Editor [version: Unity 2017.2.0f3_46dda1414e51]

libOni.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module libOni.dll at 0033:ed69cade.
==================

Editor.log
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FF8ED69CADE (libOni) SetDiffuseParticleNeighbourCounts
0x00007FF8ED6E98C6 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED6EADE1 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED6E94A9 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8ED710559 (libOni) Generate
0x00007FF8FAC71FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FF8FB91EF91 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

Dmp file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BTjqHO...rRv0CMY8gK

Cheers,
Zhu Chun

Hi there,

Thanks for the report! I'll take a look at the dmp file and see what happened.
(01-02-2018, 11:13 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks for the report! I'll take a look at the dmp file and see what happened.

Hi, we have upgraded to Unity 2017.3 today but this issue still exists, any progress?  Sonrisa
+1, this is the exact same crash i am getting (aside from the "Invalid AABB" crash in the mesh generation, which i'm not sure if it's a Unity or Obi issue). Been experiencing this quite frequently recently. Let me know if you want my dmp files too.
(13-02-2018, 09:29 AM)khalvr Wrote: +1, this is the exact same crash i am getting (aside from the "Invalid AABB" crash in the mesh generation, which i'm not sure if it's a Unity or Obi issue). Been experiencing this quite frequently recently. Let me know if you want my dmp files too.

Hi there!

If you could provide your dmp too it would be great, as it doesn't necessarily have to share the same cause. Zhuchun's crash is due to a memory alignment issue we haven't been able to pinpoint or reproduce yet, but yours could be a different one even though the error message is similar.
Here are some of the crash dumps and log files from the last two days. 

EDIT: You should really consider allowing users to attach .rar or .zip files. I will email them to you instead.
(13-02-2018, 12:04 PM)khalvr Wrote: Here are some of the crash dumps and log files from the last two days. 

EDIT: You should really consider allowing users to attach .rar or .zip files. I will email them to you instead.

Hi! got them. Only 3 of them were actually caused by Obi, the majority of the reports are Unity crashes and have no .dmp file attached. Will take a look at them an get back to you.
Yeah, it's hard to tell from just the binary stack traces, but i have a scene with ObiRopes which consistently crashes the editor. Oddly, the crash occurs first after maybe 10-15 seconds... not sure if i can properly share them with you though since it's a VR project, and uncoupling it from SteamVR would take some work.
(13-02-2018, 02:10 PM)khalvr Wrote: Yeah, it's hard to tell from just the binary stack traces, but i have a scene with ObiRopes which consistently crashes the editor. Oddly, the crash occurs first after maybe 10-15 seconds... not sure if i can properly share them with you though since it's a VR project, and uncoupling it from SteamVR would take some work.

The crash seems to happen during collision detection. Can you describe your colliders setup a little bit, so that I can focus my efforts when trying to reproduce it?
(13-02-2018, 03:07 PM)josemendez Wrote: The crash seems to happen during collision detection. Can you describe your colliders setup a little bit, so that I can focus my efforts when trying to reproduce it?

See attached images. I have a bunch of static colliders on the frame, of which only the rearmost ones have ObiColliders attached (and also the floor). The only dynamic object with ObiColliders in this scene is the cord hanging on the wall. In fact, most crashes i've experienced have been related to objects being attached using fixed joints or through kinematic PhysX rigidbodies. 

An unrelated issue: I noticed that the cord in the background was still using pin constraints, so i swapped them out for handles. In the process however, i noticed that one of them had two extra, empty pin constraints (gameobjects missing, most likely from some previous iteration, or due to Unity Collaborate being a heap of garbage). When i started removing them, i got spammed with about 500 versions of this message:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Obi.ObiCollider].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
Obi.ObiPinConstraintsEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiPinConstraintsEditor.cs:181)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2507)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1833)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1663)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

Anyhow, i swapped them out but the crashes persist (there should now be zero ObiRigidbodies in the scene - all cords are using handles). I emailed you the most recent dump, since after i removed the pin constraints.

EDIT: Another thing i noted - i still see the "pin constraint" GUI gizmo over objects which used to have pin constraints, even after i've removed all pin constraints from the ropes. Same goes with "distance constraints".