Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird direction in 2D Mode
Hello,

I am trying to build a game in unity using your softbody asset in 2D Mode.

I want a circular softbody, so I created a mesh for that and created a blueprint (settings in screenshots).
However, when I set everything up and start the game, the softbody circle turns inside out and acts normally afterwards.

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

settings:
[Image: zmVqs1X]

the effect:
[Image: lfeuI8R]
(24-02-2022, 04:37 PM)hergen Wrote: Hello,

I am trying to build a game in unity using your softbody asset in 2D Mode.

I want a circular softbody, so I created a mesh for that and created a blueprint (settings in screenshots).
However, when I set everything up and start the game, the softbody circle turns inside out and acts normally afterwards.

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

settings:
[Image: zmVqs1X.png]

the effect:
[Image: lfeuI8R]

Hi there,

Your circle mesh is not nearly subdivided enough for it to be deformed in any meaningful way. It only has 5 large triangles at the center, and a lot of small tris at the edges. You will want to use much more homogeneous, denser topology so that it can deform properly.
(24-02-2022, 05:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Your circle mesh is not nearly subdivided enough for it to be deformed in any meaningful way. It only has 5 large triangles at the center, and a lot of small tris at the edges. You will want to use much more homogeneous, denser topology so that it can deform properly.
Thank you for your reply!

But I think my problem originates from the normals. It works fine for the unity primitive plane. 
I analyzed the differences and found out that the normals are messed up.
Here are some screenshots from the two blueprints:

https://imgur.com/a/yZgepwt

I have tried to change the normals of the mesh manually, but it didn't work.

Is there a way to flip the normals (in blueprint mode)?
Thank you in advance
(25-02-2022, 02:01 PM)hergen Wrote: Thank you for your reply!

But I think my problem originates from the normals. It works fine for the unity primitive plane. 
I analyzed the differences and found out that the normals are messed up.
Here are some screenshots from the two blueprints:

https://imgur.com/a/yZgepwt

I have tried to change the normals of the mesh manually, but it didn't work.

Is there a way to flip the normals (in blueprint mode)?
Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Particle normals aren't used for rendering, they're only used to determine particle orientation. Normals in your image look fine.

Could you send the mesh you're using to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com so that I can take a closer look?

thanks!