Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] Exception when trying to generate blueprint with surface vertices
Hi,

I just updated to Obi Softbody 6.4 and I'm trying to generate a new blueprint with the "Vertices" mode for surface sampling.
I did a clean package import and regardless of which mesh I select, the following exception always occurs:

Quote:IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Obi.ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint+<SurfaceMeshShapeMatchingConstraints>d__53.MoveNext () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Blueprints/ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs:620)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint+<Initialize>d__38.MoveNext () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Blueprints/ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs:181)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprint+<Generate>d__59.MoveNext () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprint.cs:282)
Obi.CoroutineJob+<Start>d__15.MoveNext () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/CoroutineJob.cs:99)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Obi.<Start>d__15:MoveNext() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/CoroutineJob.cs:108)
Obi.EditorCoroutine:ShowCoroutineProgressBar(String, IEnumerator&) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/Coroutines/EditorCoroutine.cs:21)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor:Generate() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:131)
Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:163)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

I'm on Unity 2020.3.28f1.
Let me know if I can help by providing further information.
(24-02-2022, 03:49 PM)JanikH Wrote: Hi,

I just updated to Obi Softbody 6.4 and I'm trying to generate a new blueprint with the "Vertices" mode for surface sampling.
I did a clean package import and regardless of which mesh I select, the following exception always occurs:

I'm on Unity 2020.3.28f1.
Let me know if I can help by providing further information.

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this! It seems to be a regression, this was fixed in an older version but the fix didn't make it to the release branch somehow. Please find a patched ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs file. Replace yours with it (found at Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Blueprints/ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs).

let me know how it goes.

Attached Files
.cs   ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs (Size: 29.11 KB / Downloads: 32)
Thank you very much, it seems to work as expected now.
Excellent support, as usual!
(24-02-2022, 04:08 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this! It seems to be a regression, this was fixed in an older version but the fix didn't make it to the release branch somehow. Please find a patched ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs file. Replace yours with it (found at Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Blueprints/ObiSoftbodySurfaceBlueprint.cs).

let me know how it goes.
Hi, I just purchased the asset and this error completely breaks the usability of the asset. I couldn't use at low resolution settings and high resolution wasn't giving me the scenario I wanted. It was pretty frustrating until I found this post...