Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Issue Unity 2017.3.0F3: script errors
After importing OBI Cloth into my project I cannot enter Play-mode anymore: have to fix compile-errors.

These are the errors:

Assets/Standard Assets/Utility/SimpleMouseRotator.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Scripts/AICharacterControl.cs(11,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCharacter' could not be found. Are you missing `Obi.Characters.ThirdPerson' using directive?

Unity Editor Version:

2017.3.0f3

I have deleted OBI from my project and reimported all earlier assets, but that did not work
(30-01-2018, 08:40 PM)izzyschneerson Wrote: After importing OBI Cloth into my project I cannot enter Play-mode anymore: have to fix compile-errors.

These are the errors:

Assets/Standard Assets/Utility/SimpleMouseRotator.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Scripts/AICharacterControl.cs(11,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCharacter' could not be found. Are you missing `Obi.Characters.ThirdPerson' using directive?

Unity Editor Version:

2017.3.0f3

I have deleted OBI from my project and reimported all earlier assets, but that did not work
None of the errors above are in Obi's code, but in the StandardAssets package. It would seem that Obi's own character controller class is clashing with the one imported from StandardAssets, even though they're in different namespaces.

Try installing Obi in a fresh project. If it works, then clashing is the issue for sure: try importing Obi first, then the Standard Assets package.
(30-01-2018, 10:28 PM)josemendez Wrote: None of the errors above are in Obi's code, but in the StandardAssets package. It would seem that Obi's own character controller class is clashing with the one imported from StandardAssets, even though they're in different namespaces.

Try installing Obi in a fresh project. If it works, then clashing is the issue for sure: try importing Obi first, then the Standard Assets package.

Yes, Jose, that is all obvious and i did consider it, but...
i bought the OBI Cloth package for use in an existing (and quite advanced) project... I did not expect a sophisticated package like OBI Cloth to cause such a silly problem.

I need a solution that will allow me to use OBI Cloth in my existing project. If your company cannot provide that, it should warn for that openly in the Asset Store. And it should give me a refund...
(31-01-2018, 04:31 PM)izzyschneerson Wrote: Yes, Jose, that is all obvious and i did consider it, but...
i bought the OBI Cloth package for use in an existing (and quite advanced) project... I did not expect a sophisticated package like OBI Cloth to cause such a silly problem.

I need a solution that will allow me to use OBI Cloth in my existing project. If your company cannot provide that, it should warn for that openly in the Asset Store. And it should give me a refund...

Hi,

As I mentioned in the previous post, the solution is to import Obi first, then the StandardAssets.

If you cannot afford to do this and must import Obi in an existing project, an easier solution might be to prevent Obi from importing its own version of the StandardAssets (only used for certain sample scenes). To do so, uncheck the "StandardAssets" foldout in the import popup window when importing Obi:

[Image: gjm4PAE.png]

We've tested both methods in 2017.3.0f3 with the latest StandardAssets package and Obi Cloth 3.2, it works just fine. In Obi 3.3 we've updated the sample scenes to be compatible with the latest StandardAssets.

regards,
Hi there, 

I just bought the Obi cloth package and I got the same problem. Once I imported the package into my existing project, I got a compiler error message:

Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(199,18): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `SetKeys' and no extension method `SetKeys' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(592,26): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `Evaluate' and no extension method `Evaluate' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(593,30): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `Evaluate' and no extension method `Evaluate' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Can you help me? We need to make this package work in our project urgently. Thanks
(18-02-2018, 11:05 PM)Hur4c4n Wrote: Hi there, 

I just bought the Obi cloth package and I got the same problem. Once I imported the package into my existing project, I got a compiler error message:

Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(199,18): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `SetKeys' and no extension method `SetKeys' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(592,26): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `Evaluate' and no extension method `Evaluate' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Obi/Editor/ObiParticleActorEditor.cs(593,30): error CS1061: Type `Gradient' does not contain a definition for `Evaluate' and no extension method `Evaluate' of type `Gradient' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Can you help me? We need to make this package work in our project urgently. Thanks

Hi,

This would be an issue with your project. Check that you haven't re-defined the Gradient class in one of your scripts. If you have, you could either rename the class (as Unity already defines "Gradient") or place it in its own namespace.

cheers,
Alright, it worked out. Thanks for your solution. Looking forward to see what your asset can do for our characters!
Hace a nice day.