Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Tension
Hello. Please tell me.

I have 2 ropes and they are hooked to different hooks. At one of them I reduce the length, thereby the ropes are stretched.
But I need to figure out when the tension is so big that there is a hole between the ring and the rope, I need to make a break.

before tension:

After. At this point, you need to take some action:

I can't determine when the tension is so strong that a hole appears.

As an option, take the distance between the junction and the end of the rope, but I do not know how to take the coordinates of the end of the rope

(19-02-2022, 02:00 PM)Kizzualx Wrote: Hello. Please tell me.

I have 2 ropes and they are hooked to different hooks. At one of them I reduce the length, thereby the ropes are stretched.
But I need to figure out when the tension is so big that there is a hole between the ring and the rope, I need to make a break.

before tension:

After. At this point, you need to take some action:

I can't determine when the tension is so strong that a hole appears.

As an option, take the distance between the junction and the end of the rope, but I do not know how to take the coordinates of the end of the rope

Obi can automatically do this for you. For dynamic attachments, you can specify a breaking tension threshold (expressed in Newtons) that once surpassed, the attachment will break. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

Same for ropes: if your rope is tearable, you can specify a breaking tension threshold.
(21-02-2022, 08:43 AM)josemendez Wrote: Obi can automatically do this for you. For dynamic attachments, you can specify a breaking tension threshold (expressed in Newtons) that once surpassed, the attachment will break. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ments.html

Same for ropes: if your rope is tearable, you can specify a breaking tension threshold.
I apologize for not creating another topic, I decided not to create a new one))
Please tell me what is the error?

I wind the rope with a loop that reduces the length to 0 every second.
This error is very rare, but it does happen.

(23-02-2022, 03:59 PM)Kizzualx Wrote: I apologize for not creating another topic, I decided not to create a new one))
Please tell me what is the error?

I wind the rope with a loop that reduces the length to 0 every second.
This error is very rare, but it does happen.

A cursor should never allow you to set the length of a rope to zero. Can you post the code you're using to do this?