Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Burst No longer working
Hi,

We converted our project from SteamVR to OpenXR, and now the "Burst" method doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I found the following error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index {0} is out of range of '{1}' Length.

This Exception was thrown from a job compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support. Turn off burst (Jobs -> Burst -> Enable Compilation) to inspect full exceptions & stacktraces

We still have all required packages installed.

Regards,
Davy
(11-02-2022, 02:44 PM)netjeenpetje Wrote: Hi,

We converted our project from SteamVR to OpenXR, and now the "Burst" method doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I found the following error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index {0} is out of range of '{1}' Length.

This Exception was thrown from a job compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support. Turn off burst (Jobs -> Burst -> Enable Compilation) to inspect full exceptions & stacktraces

We still have all required packages installed.

Regards,
Davy

Hi Davy,

Burst does not depend on SteamVR or OpenXR, so there’s little chance this has anything to do with the error.

Which exact Burst/Jobs/Collections package versions are you using? Could you specify your Unity version as well?
(11-02-2022, 04:08 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Davy,

Burst does not depend on SteamVR or OpenXR, so there’s little chance this has anything to do with the error.

Which exact Burst/Jobs/Collections package versions are you using? Could you specify your Unity version as well?
Hi there,

Here is all the requested info:
Unity 2020.3.28f1
Burst 1.6.4
Jobs 0.00.0-preview.6
Collections 1.1.0
(14-02-2022, 11:57 AM)netjeenpetje Wrote: Jobs 0.00.0-preview.6

Hi there,

there's no such version, I assume you mistyped it. Can you share the Jobs version you're using so that I can try and replicate the same conditions in which the problem arises?