Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback Obi 6.4 editor improvements
Hi all,

I've been gathering feedback from users, in order to improve quality of life / workflow when using Obi. In addition to memory allocation and performance improvements, Obi 6.4 will ship with some blueprint editor/path editor improvements, and I wanted to share them with you.

Any feedback is most welcome! maybe you think these can be improved further, maybe you've been hoping for some new usability feature that isn't listed here. Something's been annoying you for a long time and would like to see it addressed? Let me know!

Path editor (ObiRope/ObiRod)

Path editor now uses Unity's custom editor tool API. This provides better integration, and places a shortcut for the path editor in the toolbar when it's the last custom tool used:
[Image: Ihr2oZo.png]

The editor now uses independent translate/rotate/scale tools for control points, instead of using Unity's own. This makes it clearer what tool you're using.

Numerical fields for control point position and tangents have been added. These work just like Unity's transform component fields, which means you can set multiple control points to a specific x, y or z value independently and accurately. The numerical fields for tangents honor tangent mode, so for instance if you're using aligned tangents, changing the value for the "in" tangent will also change the "out" one.

[Image: Orssf0X.png]

Blueprint editor (ObiCloth/ObiSkinnedCloth/ObiTearableCloth/ObiSoftbody)

Property range-based selection for scalar properties. Ever wanted to select all particles that have a specific radius or backstop distance? Now you can!:
[Image: abeXOna.gif]

New copy brush mode for scalar properties: allows you to use the value of one property as source to paint a different property. For instance, use radius values to drive mass:
[Image: 8pqIGVd.gif]

World space and camera-space paint brush mirroring in all 3 axis:
[Image: OikXmUk.gif]