Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plans to support Configurable Enter Play Mode?
I see in the FAQ that it says this isn't supported due to it being experimental in Unity 2020, but Unity 2021 is no longer beta and this feature is no longer experimental as far as I can tell. For larger projects, the engine is basically not usable for serious editing without this feature, and thus Obi Rope is not really usable either if it requires us to turn this off (going from a few seconds to a few minutes to enter play mode).

We've got 30+ tools in our project from the asset store and this is the only one that still doesn't have support for this. Would love to know if there are any plans to fix that any time soon.
(24-01-2022, 09:43 PM)goldfire Wrote: I see in the FAQ that it says this isn't supported due to it being experimental in Unity 2020, but Unity 2021 is no longer beta and this feature is no longer experimental as far as I can tell. For larger projects, the engine is basically not usable for serious editing without this feature, and thus Obi Rope is not really usable either if it requires us to turn this off (going from a few seconds to a few minutes to enter play mode).

We've got 30+ tools in our project from the asset store and this is the only one that still doesn't have support for this. Would love to know if there are any plans to fix that any time soon.

Hi there,

Yes, support for configurable enter play mode is in the roadmap. Will ship with 6.4 in a couple months.

kind regards,
That is great to hear, thanks for the update!