Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firehose
How can I simulate a fire hose.
Right now one of the  ends are stuck to a nozzle, but when I walk away it is very weird, I want it to become longer and not glide around XD.
(29-01-2018, 03:33 PM)moXier Wrote: How can I simulate a fire hose.
Right now one of the  ends are stuck to a nozzle, but when I walk away it is very weird, I want it to become longer and not glide around XD.

Hi there,

What exactly do you want to simulate, and how have you set up the simulation? Do you need the hose to increase its length when pulling from it? How have you implemented pulling? sorry, it is very hard to help you with such little information.

cheers!
(02-02-2018, 12:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

What exactly do you want to simulate, and how have you set up the simulation? Do you need the hose to increase its length when pulling from it? How have you implemented pulling? sorry, it is very hard to help you with such little information.

cheers!

I'm not sure what the original poster wanted exactly but I *think* I'm in a similar position. 
I have set up a rope attached to a wall (ie: it doesn't need to extend) and I want the player to be able to pick up the other side of it and drag it around (I set up a handle that I parent to the player).
I have tethered the rope, have set 50 iterations in Distance Solver constraints but it still feels pretty elastic when I drag it to the point where it's fully stretched. Is there a way to somehow "force" the rope to not stretch past a certain point? (as it is, I can keep on running way past where it "should" stop stretching)

(for info I tried reading other threads pertaining to that kind of question, but I couldn't really find a proper answer)
Thanks in advance!
(07-03-2018, 10:30 AM)thiabult Wrote: I'm not sure what the original poster wanted exactly but I *think* I'm in a similar position. 
I have set up a rope attached to a wall (ie: it doesn't need to extend) and I want the player to be able to pick up the other side of it and drag it around (I set up a handle that I parent to the player).
I have tethered the rope, have set 50 iterations in Distance Solver constraints but it still feels pretty elastic when I drag it to the point where it's fully stretched. Is there a way to somehow "force" the rope to not stretch past a certain point? (as it is, I can keep on running way past where it "should" stop stretching)

(for info I tried reading other threads pertaining to that kind of question, but I couldn't really find a proper answer)
Thanks in advance!

Bump!
I'm still interested in knowing if there's a solution with this asset for what I described :/