Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for someone to help me with obi fluid settings
Hi,

I'm not experienced enough to configure a good looking liquid for my hentai game, so I'm looking for someone who can help me make a good config. I don't expect free work.

Regards,
Davy
the same to me. I wanna get fluid like tears. But whatever the setting i change, i can not get the perfect effect i want~ So i am looking forward to it too. thanks!
Quote:Hi there!

I'm not experienced enough to configure a good looking liquid for my hentai game, so I'm looking for someone who can help me make a good config. I don't expect free work.

Hi Davy,

Maybe I can help out for free, depending on what the issue is. Is it fluid behavior (how it moves) or fluid rendering (how it looks)?

(12-01-2022, 07:39 AM)godbian Wrote: the same to me. I wanna get fluid like tears. But whatever the setting i change, i can not get the perfect effect i want~ So i am looking forward to it too. thanks!

There's no visible effect of pressure and vorticity in a tear, the dominant force is surface tension (responsible for the round-ish shape of tears) and even then the shape of tears does not change much. I would not use a particle-based physics engine like Obi for this, it's absolute overkill.

Tears in games are either not simulated at all, or simulated in texture space. For rendering, a combination of simple refraction and and a smoothness/roughness map in the skin material will do. This is both much simpler to set up and orders of magnitude cheaper.
(12-01-2022, 09:07 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Davy,

Maybe I can help out for free, depending on what the issue is. Is it fluid behavior (how it moves) or fluid rendering (how it looks)?

There's no visible effect of pressure and vorticity in a tear, the dominant force is surface tension (responsible for the round-ish shape of tears) and even then the shape of tears does not change much. I would not use a particle-based physics engine like Obi for this, it's absolute overkill.

Tears in games are either not simulated at all, or simulated in texture space. For rendering, a combination of simple refraction and and a smoothness/roughness map in the skin material will do. This is both much simpler to set up and orders of magnitude cheaper.

Thanks! I sent you a PM