Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Fluids not recognizing holes in terrains
I've got a regular Unity terrain in my game world, with a Terrain Collider and Obi Collider, and fluid collision works fine in most places - but in one part, there is a hole cut in the terrain for a cave mesh. I've noticed that fluids won't cross the threshold where the hole in the terrain was painted, and any fluids created inside the cave (below where the terrain would be) are immediately forced upward/outward to the surface of the terrain.

I did find a workaround that works for my use case (disable the ObiCollider on the terrain when in the cave) but I'm wondering if there is a better solution for being below a terrain. Thanks.
(20-12-2021, 11:28 AM)Softscale Wrote: I've got a regular Unity terrain in my game world, with a Terrain Collider and Obi Collider, and fluid collision works fine in most places - but in one part, there is a hole cut in the terrain for a cave mesh. I've noticed that fluids won't cross the threshold where the hole in the terrain was painted, and any fluids created inside the cave (below where the terrain would be) are immediately forced upward/outward to the surface of the terrain.

I did find a workaround that works for my use case (disable the ObiCollider on the terrain when in the cave) but I'm wondering if there is a better solution for being below a terrain. Thanks.

Hi Softscale!

There's no support for terrain holes in Obi yet. These must be explicitly accounted for in the collision detection code. It's planned for the first quarter of 2022 though.

So for now, disabling the collider when below it is the best workaround I can think of. Sorry for the inconvenience! Triste

kind regards,