Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I use Cloth or Rope package?
Hi. I have a simple basketball game and I want to add some physics to the net when the ball interacts with it, including going in the hoop and out the net. My net consists of a single mesh and uses a texture with alpha to make it look like rope. To achieve this, would it be better to use the cloth package or the rope package? Also, would one perform better than the other for this use case. It will need to run on the Oculus Quest 2, which isn't all that powerful. Is that achievable?

Thanks

John
Hi John,

I'd use ObiCloth for this. ObiRope only makes solid ropes, you can't have a "hollow" one so to speak (and simulating the net as individual ropes crossing each other is overkill).

It's certainly achievable on the Oculus Quest 2. Just don't go overboard with the mesh tessellation, as that will make the simulation costly.

kind regards,
(17-12-2021, 08:28 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi John,

I'd use ObiCloth for this. ObiRope only makes solid ropes, you can't have a "hollow" one so to speak (and simulating the net as individual ropes crossing each other is overkill).

It's certainly achievable on the Oculus Quest 2. Just don't go overboard with the mesh tessellation, as that will make the simulation costly.

kind regards,

Thank you. That is the info I needed!