Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Chain/Rope stretches too much when I make its Android Build
Triste 
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I am creating a puzzle game (almost completed) but right now facing a problem with Obi ropes. I am using a chain blueprint (with some changes in length) that is available by default when Obi rope is imported into the project. One end of the chain is attached to my player (moveable) and another to a non-moveable game object (cube). Everything works as planned when I am testing the game in editor mode. There is no stretching of the chain and it collides with the game objects it needs to collide with but the issue starts when I build the project for android and test it on my phone, the chain starts stretching and collides with no other object. 

I have multiple scenes (10 to be exact) where I am using 2 types of chain blueprint which I am using alternatively in scenes. That is because, one chain length is a bit shorter than the other, just to add some variance in the game.

I am using Obi version 6.2. 

I tried to fix the issue on my own but so far I have failed to do so. If the problem is unclear kindly let me know I will try to explain it further or provide a video or pictures of the problem.  

Respectfully,
(11-12-2021, 01:29 PM)rehmatcan Wrote: Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. 

I am creating a puzzle game (almost completed) but right now facing a problem with Obi ropes. I am using a chain blueprint (with some changes in length) that is available by default when Obi rope is imported into the project. One end of the chain is attached to my player (moveable) and another to a non-moveable game object (cube). Everything works as planned when I am testing the game in editor mode. There is no stretching of the chain and it collides with the game objects it needs to collide with but the issue starts when I build the project for android and test it on my phone, the chain starts stretching and collides with no other object. 

I have multiple scenes (10 to be exact) where I am using 2 types of chain blueprint which I am using alternatively in scenes. That is because, one chain length is a bit shorter than the other, just to add some variance in the game.

I am using Obi version 6.2. 

I tried to fix the issue on my own but so far I have failed to do so. If the problem is unclear kindly let me know I will try to explain it further or provide a video or pictures of the problem.  

Respectfully,

Hi there,

Just sounds like the engine is not working at all, have you followed the setup steps and installed the required package dependencies for the Burst backend? See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Kind regards,
(11-12-2021, 09:38 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Just sounds like the engine is not working at all, have you followed the setup steps and installed the required package dependencies for the Burst backend? See:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Kind regards,
Thank you for your reply,
No, I didn't installed the package dependencies for burst backend as I am using oni. Can that be a problem?

Regards,
Rehmat
(12-12-2021, 09:45 AM)rehmatcan Wrote: Thank you for your reply,
No, I didn't installed the package dependencies for burst backend as I am using oni. Can that be a problem?

Regards,
Rehmat

Oni uses a native library to run, precompiled for each specific platform. If the library has not been correctly copied during the build process or your Android device is unable to find it for some reason, that can be the problem. Android’s log will tell you if this is the case.

Oni is only used as a fallback in case the Burst dependencies are not installed, and will likely be deprecated in the future. It’s there just for backwards compatibility reasons. Burst is used by default and should always be preferred, since it’s faster (specially on mobile), has wider platform compatibility, and much better profiling tools integrated with Unity.
(12-12-2021, 10:05 AM)josemendez Wrote: Oni uses a native library to run, precompiled for each specific platform. If the library has not been correctly copied during the build process or your Android device is unable to find it for some reason, that can be the problem. Android’s log will tell you if this is the case.

Oni is only used as a fallback in case the Burst dependencies are not installed, and will likely be deprecated in the future. It’s there just for backwards compatibility reasons. Burst is used by default and should always be preferred, since it’s faster (specially on mobile), has wider platform compatibility, and much better profiling tools integrated with Unity.
Let me try installing the dependencies and changing the backend to burst. I hope that works.

If not can you kindly take a look at my log file? I don't really understand the log files.