Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Liquid is rendered on top of other objects on iOS
Hello,

I have this issue when liquid is rendered on top of other objects on iOS. Everything looks fine in editor. I use Unity 2021.2.5. Please help, there is a video in the attachment.

Alex

Here is the video

One more

Attached Files
.gif   demo.gif (Size: 798.39 KB / Downloads: 39)
.gif   demo2.gif (Size: 966.24 KB / Downloads: 38)
(10-12-2021, 03:09 PM)AlexBo Wrote: Hello,

I have this issue when liquid is rendered on top of other objects on iOS. Everything looks fine in editor. I use Unity 2021.2.5. Please help, there is a video in the attachment.

Alex

Here is the video

One more

Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this. What render pipeline are you using? Is this built-in or URP? If URP, have you enabled depth buffer rendering in the render pipeline?
(10-12-2021, 05:26 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this. What render pipeline are you using? Is this built-in or URP? If URP, have you enabled depth buffer rendering in the render pipeline
Oh yes! That's exactly the case
(10-12-2021, 07:03 PM)AlexBo Wrote: Oh yes! That's exactly the case

Can you clarify which of these is true?:

- Using URP?
- Using Built-in?
- Enabled depth texture generation, if using URP?

Also, are the objects that the fluid is rendered on top of transparent or opaque?
(10-12-2021, 07:43 PM)josemendez Wrote: Can you clarify which of these is true?:

- Using URP?
- Using Built-in?
- Enabled depth texture generation, if using URP?

Also, are the objects that the fluid is rendered on top of transparent or opaque?
Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue.
I work with Unity 2019.4.33f1 (LTS) , Obi Fluid 6.3, URP with depth texture generation enabled.
It works as expected in the Editor and with Android, however with iOS the fluid is renderer on top of some other objects.

In the attached picture you can see that some objects are occluded by the fluid, but they're not supposed to be.

Thanks for your help on this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-02-2022, 12:26 PM)angecroft Wrote: Hi! I'm experiencing the same issue.
I work with Unity 2019.4.33f1 (LTS) , Obi Fluid 6.3, URP with depth texture generation enabled.
It works as expected in the Editor and with Android, however with iOS the fluid is renderer on top of some other objects.

In the attached picture you can see that some objects are occluded by the fluid, but they're not supposed to be.

Thanks for your help on this

Hi there!

So far I've been unable to reproduce this.

- iOS device you're using? iOS version?
- I assume you're using Metal as the graphics API?
- Does this happen with all objects in the scene or only certain objects? do the incorrectly occluded objects use an opaque shader? (meaning, do they write to the depth buffer?)

kind regards,
(03-02-2022, 06:56 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

So far I've been unable to reproduce this.

- iOS device you're using? iOS version?
- I assume you're using Metal as the graphics API?
- Does this happen with all objects in the scene or only certain objects? do the incorrectly occluded objects use an opaque shader? (meaning, do they write to the depth buffer?)

kind regards,

I've been able to reproduce this with iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11 & iPhone X. iOS versions : 15.3, 15.2. Yes I use Metal as the graphics API.

As you can see in my previous picture, only the flying object is occluded by the fluid (but shouldn't) whereas the controller is normally rendered on top of Obi Fluid. Both objects uses the same opaque shader. The only difference is that the controller is on the rendering queue 996. I've already tried to use the same for the flying object but unfortunately it did not fix this issue. 

This is breaking the illusion for the 3D objects that we're placing with augmented reality.
(04-02-2022, 10:59 AM)angecroft Wrote: I've been able to reproduce this with iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11 & iPhone X. iOS versions : 15.3, 15.2. Yes I use Metal as the graphics API.

As you can see in my previous picture, only the flying object is occluded by the fluid (but shouldn't) whereas the controller is normally rendered on top of Obi Fluid. Both objects uses the same opaque shader. The only difference is that the controller is on the rendering queue 996. I've already tried to use the same for the flying object but unfortunately it did not fix this issue. 

This is breaking the illusion for the 3D objects that we're placing with augmented reality.

Hi,

Will try to reproduce this and get back to you. Depth testing is done the same way in all platforms and it uses Unity's own shader macros, so it should work the same way in all devices. I'm going to assume this issue has something to do with augmented reality, since both OP and you use it.

Which AR toolkit/framework are you using?
(07-02-2022, 08:43 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Will try to reproduce this and get back to you. Depth testing is done the same way in all platforms and it uses Unity's own shader macros, so it should work the same way in all devices. I'm going to assume this issue has something to do with augmented reality, since both OP and you use it.

Which AR toolkit/framework are you using?

Hi, 

Thanks a lot for your follow up. I'm using Niantic's SDK 
Hi, any news on this issue?